PDA

View Full Version : price adjustments at Old Navy?

Seitvonzu
11-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I just recieved an old navy order that included a jacket. of course they are having an "outerwear" sale now, so the coat is about 10 dollars cheaper now :( can i get a price adjustment if i bring my invoice into the store? i need to return something anyhow, but i'm just curious if i should even ask.

it would be great to get 10 dollars back for not really doing anything "extra" :)

(but the coat is really cute , so if not, no big deal)

kellybelly0513
11-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes, they do price adjustments although I am not sure if it is 7 or 14 days to get your adjustment.

NewMom2007
11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes! I just did this with the halloween costumes...bought two for ~$14 each last Thursday, got the price adjusted to $2 Saturday morning...just brought in the receipt.

lchang25000
11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm sure they have a lot of price adjustments to do now that all outerwear is on sale.

Seitvonzu
11-06-2009, 05:02 PM
even though the coat i bought was an online ordeer? i'm not sure the original post made that clear... i'm heading out really soon and would love to be sure!

mariza
11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I would bring the coat just in case you need to return it and buy again.

Seitvonzu
11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
i can't return it as she wore it today :)
oh well, it's okay if it doesn't work out. i have to return a hat anyhow!
thanks everyone!

JenaW
11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
oh well, it's okay if it doesn't work out. i have to return a hat anyhow!
thanks everyone!

can you let me know what happens? I am in the same situation. I just bought TWO coats for my kids online at full price minus the 30% stuffNsave discount. They should be delivered today as well. The stuffNsave is still on, so I am hoping they will give me the price adjustment with just the shipping invoice, but I have never tried with an online order either.

shoxie
11-06-2009, 07:26 PM
They will price adjust as long as you did NOT use any promo code (other than a free shipping code). So, if you used the Stuff n' Save, I'm thinking you won't be able to get the PA. But let us know what happens - you never know!

Here's the link to the policy:
http://oldnavy.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=3317&mlink=,1469216&clink=1469216

srkaplan
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM

You could always buy one and then return it with your old receipt.

Seitvonzu
11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
i didn't think of that buy a new one, return with the online reciept....that's my favorite target trick so i'm surprised it didn't occur to me!!!

i just emailed [email protected] to request a price adjustment-- we'll see. if that doesn't work and i'm in the mall area i might try the buy new, return with old reciept trick. it is worth around 10 dollars, so probably worth it. then i'll also know if they have her size, if they don't -- i'll know i did the right thing ordering online! :)

Seitvonzu
11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
i wanted to post that it was actulaly very irritating to do an online return and a couple seperate employees grumbled to me about it while i was there. they said i should be able to , but that the system was sticky and i should just mail the stuff back next time. *sigh* i didn't have time to argue or feel put out because i had to get somewhere and it was already taking way longer than i had...

hope other people have better luck! i didn't use any code but free shipping and i'll let everyone know what customer service says.

Twin Mom
11-07-2009, 12:40 AM
You have to pay $6 for online return shipping so I will always return online purchases to the store. If it's too much of a hassle for the stores, then return shipping should be free.

i wanted to post that it was actulaly very irritating to do an online return and a couple seperate employees grumbled to me about it while i was there. they said i should be able to , but that the system was sticky and i should just mail the stuff back next time. *sigh* i didn't have time to argue or feel put out because i had to get somewhere and it was already taking way longer than i had...

hope other people have better luck! i didn't use any code but free shipping and i'll let everyone know what customer service says.

shburks
11-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I always return my on-line orders to the store and have never had an employee complain or grumble about it. Never any issues--just scan the invoice, scan the tags/bag and off you go. Credited right back to my account. Sorry you had such a difficult time.

Seitvonzu
11-07-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah, i told the guy that i was returning a 5 dollar hat, so i wouldn't return that because it wouldn't be worth the trouble and he said "but they give you a label." he also said something about them paying for the return shipping, which didn't sit right with me. i had my invoice and the merch in original condition, so it wasn't like i was doing anything "shifty." *sigh* they are pretty grumbly at my store... not the "kids" too much, but the more senior employees...one woman in particular always seems to think that people are trying to pull one over. i ALWAYS have my reciepts, but i'm not going to pay more than THEIR POLICIES allow for...that would be crazy! i think old navy really encourages price adjustments and such; to them, it's a GREAT way to get people back in the store to see their high turnover merch. i'm sure it works or they would change their policy. i left the store thinking uncharitible things about this woman such as "if she doesn't like her job..." what makes being friendly so hard? *sigh*

Seitvonzu
11-07-2009, 10:44 AM
i wanted to come back and update about the online price adjustment request i made--- EASY PEASY. i wrote them last night and had my price adjustment information THIS MORNING :) 10 dollars back to my card! yay :) that meant i could keep the pirate costume i ordered guilt free :)

online is SO easy and FAST (i didn't even have to pick up the telephone), but i'm stuck dealing with the store for the most part. they did mention that you could get ONE price adjustment per order. but since this was the main thing in my order, it was worth it. also, i got a color that was no longer available online (as far as i could tell) but they still credited me back the difference in old and new price. not sure that always works, or if it is size dependent or what (there were other colors available).

30 second email = 10 dollars. pretty good hourly wage! :)

mariza
11-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the update, that is good information! Glad it worked out for you :bouncy:

JenaW
11-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks for posting this. I just sent my email now. I DID use the Stuff and save discount, so we'll see what they say. It ends tomorrow, so I may just have to go to the store or re-buy online, but I used a $20 rewards code and purchased some other items too, so I am not sure how that would work.