PDA

View Full Version : zhu zhu pets

jennilynn
11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
If anyone has these little hamster critters on their wish lists, apparently Walmart is having a sale on them this Sunday. I expect it to get crazy b/c people are still lining up to get these things at Toys R Us.

mjmamma
11-06-2009, 06:38 PM
I heard..the only good thing is that many people *may* not want to wake up so early on a Sunday. I over paid on ebay but it saved me a ton of leg work. Thanks

SammyeGail
11-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I called my small town one. They are putting them out at midnight, so I guess I'll stay up and go get my limit of 2 :hysterical:.

mnosky1
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Any sales on the acessories? Those are pricey!

kellybelly0513
11-07-2009, 08:56 PM
They are also supposed to have at least 50 hamsters at every TRU store tomorrow morning when they open, not on sale, but regular price if anyone is near a TRU.

missliss55
11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
there is one zhu zhu pet on toysrus.com right now for 9.99. Hope that helps someone.

mom2binsd
11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
hmm.. there is a walmart less than 5 min away, and I know I'll be up late tonight...I'm sure DD would love one, what am I looking for, just the pet or are there accessories?

mom2binsd
11-08-2009, 02:51 AM
THis is why I don't shop Walmart...I called they were evasive, at about 11:30 I went in, a few others were waiting, the staff kept evading our questions, they come out finally after 12pm, apparently someone put the box of pets on a pallet out in the aisles and someone went through them, they also found a packing box empty in the parking lot....but really they had only 8 pets, FOR A FRONT PAGE AD...come on!!! They took our names, the manager said he dropped the ball, I told them I was shocked they didn't have things all ready given that they had been receiving calls all evening about this....I did get a car/garage and the house but no PET....ironically at the cash that I was doing a returnat about 11:20pm I saw two pets, asked the cashier (the guy is like 90!) he said, that he couldn't sell them when someone brought them up earlier, of course I mentioned this to the manager and of course someone had already bought them, the folks waiting in line then groaned....how many days till Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SammyeGail
11-08-2009, 12:31 PM
THis is why I don't shop Walmart...I called they were evasive, at about 11:30 I went in, a few others were waiting, the staff kept evading our questions, they come out finally after 12pm, apparently someone put the box of pets on a pallet out in the aisles and someone went through them, they also found a packing box empty in the parking lot....but really they had only 8 pets, FOR A FRONT PAGE AD...come on!!! They took our names, the manager said he dropped the ball, I told them I was shocked they didn't have things all ready given that they had been receiving calls all evening about this....I did get a car/garage and the house but no PET....ironically at the cash that I was doing a returnat about 11:20pm I saw two pets, asked the cashier (the guy is like 90!) he said, that he couldn't sell them when someone brought them up earlier, of course I mentioned this to the manager and of course someone had already bought them, the folks waiting in line then groaned....how many days till Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth, that totally, totally sucked!!

I got there at about 11:45, thinking (very) small town, no crowd, and there wasn't. I was there a few minutes, in CS asking for a copy of the ad my DH had thrown away. Then over the intercom they announced 'The people waiting on toys for the sale pls come to the toy dept.' So I headed there. 2 men were standing there with someboxes looking clueless. I asked if they had the Zhu-Zhu hamster pets. They said yes, where were the other ladies? I said I was there by myself. There had been 7 moms who had been there since 10:30, sitting in the floor playing cards waiting on the sale to start. He said he asked them if he could help them, they said they just that, they were waiting on the sale to start. At about 11:40 they asked when he was going to put the Zhu-Zhu pets out. He had no idea what they were, saw the slots were empty, said they must be out. The moms got really mad. He asked them to wait and let him get the manager, when he and the manager got back they were gone, he said he was only gone maybe 5-6 minutes. They had found them, the moms were gone so they decided to send it out over the intercom.

I don't get it, you get there at 10:30, at 11:40 you ask a stock man about a toy, get all mad at him, he asked you to wait for him to get the manager, then you leave!?! The 7 moms were all together, one couldn't at least stay behind and wait a bit longer? After they had dumped all of them in my cart, we put them on their racks, I got my 2, the stock man and I were talking, he felt so bad they waited so long and then left, he felt awful telling them they didn't have any. I told him 'you were getting the manager, they should have waited on him', the guy just felt so bad! I didn't have my watch so I asked him what time it was, it was 12:03, I told him they weren't supposed to put them out until 12:00, so don't feel bad. Poor guy!!

I did ask the cashier if I could put my things in my car, then come back and buy 2 more, she smiled and said sorry, but no. There were 20 there, I just hated seeing 18 left and not being able to snag 2 more and trying to offer some to the mamas here for what I paid plus shipping. There are some benefits to living in a small town :). The place was dead, 2 cashiers next to each other so no way I could have gotten away trying it ;).

jerigirl
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I did ask the cashier if I could put my things in my car, then come back and buy 2 more, she smiled and said sorry, but no.

I wouldn't have asked. I would have just done it. :bag

supercalifragilous
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
They're probably already sold out at my closest 2 Wal-Marts (and good luck getting anyone on the phone), but out of curiosity, how much were they?

SammyeGail
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
They're probably already sold out at my closest 2 Wal-Marts (and good luck getting anyone on the phone), but out of curiosity, how much were they?

$8

When I talked to the toy dept manager Fri, I asked about accessories, she said she didn't have any, but they get a truck every night, so I could call her each day and ask. (Wow)

I don't know if this will apply to the Zhu-Zhu's, but you could always give the toy dept manager a call Mon. at your 2 WMs and ask if they may come in on nightly shipments during the sale. I just know they had to pull what they had off the shelves and not put them back until midnight.

Good luck!!

SammyeGail
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't have asked. I would have just done it. :bag

I should have, but I had a massive migraine coming on and wasn't thinking straight :tongue5:. Not doing well at 1AM, lol.

Tinkerbell313
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I just went to our Target...Target's regular price for ZhuZhus is $7.99. Of course there were none on the floor (and none in the stock room).

When I went to customer service to inquire about getting the Holiday Toy Catalogue (I can't seem to print off the coupons at home or at work) and I do not get any flyers or catalgues sent to me, I had mentioned the ZhuZhus. The CS representative told me they had 16 on the shelves and one man came in this AM and bought all of them. This particular Target did not have a limit.

Regarding the Catalogue...I was told that this store did not have any and that I would just have to look for one that someone left or discarded in the store. Interesting response in my opinion.

hellokitty
11-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Not zhu zhu pets, but a friend told me that cracker barrel has a toy hamster in a running ball and the hamster is removeable. If your child doesn't really care that it HAS to be a zhu zhu pet, this might be another option. I don't remember what the price was, I think she said it was about $10.

SammyeGail
11-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Seeing the ebay prices, I looked last night out of curiosity, it makes me wonder if I should ebay the 2 I got at Wal-Mart for my boys at and then be able to use the money to buy them more things????

I can't believe Amazon hiked their prices up again!

Is that wrong of me to do that? They didn't ask for them, I just went at midnight last Sat. to my small town WM and got them. What do you mamas think?

MoJo
11-11-2009, 09:39 AM
SammyeGail,
Do you think your boys would prefer the pets, or what you could buy with the money you make selling them on eBay? I'd say go with whichever you think they'd prefer.

veronica
11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Seeing the ebay prices, I looked last night out of curiosity, it makes me wonder if I should ebay the 2 I got at Wal-Mart for my boys at and then be able to use the money to buy them more things????

I can't believe Amazon hiked their prices up again!

Is that wrong of me to do that? They didn't ask for them, I just went at midnight last Sat. to my small town WM and got them. What do you mamas think?

I don't think it is wrong of you to sell them, if you want to. Of course, I have been going to my WM everyday this week looking for them. It's so embarrassing that now the CS associates wave hello to me. I have checked out ebay and CL but just can't pay that much. I think a lot of auctions are going nuts with people who fixate on winning so you might be able to get good money!

SammyeGail
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
After seeing Jo's reply I opened one and let Noah see it, he wanted to skip Mothers Day Out today, lol. He hasn't stopped playing with it. So I guess these are Birthday presents (9 days!) and maybe I can find some accessories after the holidays.