PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever leave the house thinking...

SM23Mama21
11-06-2009, 05:20 PM
...you look decent, only to find out that you look ridiculous the next time you see your reflection??

Yep... that's me today!! :jammin: haha I've lost all my style since I've gotten married/become a mom. I have no clue what goes together anymore. I'm not even sure what is in style right now. How do you stylish mom's do it? Please share your secrets.

arivecchi
11-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes, especially when I am in a rush. I think the easiest way to always look nice is to have fewer but nicer clothes that all mix and match so you can put nice outfits together in a snap.

maylips
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
OMG, YES! Actually, not sure I think I look "stylish" but I do leave the house thinking I look a lot less frumpy than I do when I look in the mirror later.

I have no advice. In fact, I admire those moms who can wear heels with young children. Adding that heel with jeans/pants/whatever adds a certain level of togetherness that I just don't have anymore. Plus, it adds a couple of inches of me having to bend down more to get to my kids, which is hard.

I'd love to hear advice, too.

maydaymommy
11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Uuugh. So there.

The worst is when you go to an event feeling pretty good about yourself and then see pictures that make you want to hide behind a rock.

That just happened to me. I was really happy about what I was wearing and how I looked at our baby's Bris, especially since it was 8 days after giving birth. My mother-in-law brought me a photo book that she made with pics from that day and I was SO horrified. Couldn't even make it through the whole book. What a shame that I am going to hide it away forever!

I'm feeling pretty good when I get lipstick on to go anywhere with dc.

SnuggleBuggles
11-06-2009, 05:54 PM
My fly was open the other day for probably hours. I thought I looked good that day.

2 days ago I took the time to do hair and make up after my gym workout. Feeling good then I caught myself an hour later with mascara smudged under both eyes! Crap@

I need a wardrobe update. My clothes are stylish and still look good (I have a lot of "classic" pieces) but I noticed today how hopelessly out of style I am wrt current trends.

Someone posted this on my legging thread on the MomWear board and it is very handy:
http://youlookfab.com/2009/10/07/10-casual-outfit-formulas-for-mom-on-the-go/

Beth

WatchingThemGrow
11-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I thought I looked somewhat presentable at Disney last Wed, even though I was wearing my "fat shorts" that were cream denim. When I got on the bus, some guy said something about, "Oh, I bet the driver has some paper towels." I was like HUH?? whatever.

An hour later, DH and I discovered that DS2's blowout at the Rainforest Cafe too out the side of my shorts too. We thought it just got his clothes plus the Ergo. oops

SM23Mama21
11-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I thought I looked somewhat presentable at Disney last Wed, even though I was wearing my "fat shorts" that were cream denim. When I got on the bus, some guy said something about, "Oh, I bet the driver has some paper towels." I was like HUH?? whatever.

An hour later, DH and I discovered that DS2's blowout at the Rainforest Cafe too out the side of my shorts too. We thought it just got his clothes plus the Ergo. oops

I bet that was embarrassing!! :sulkoff:

If it makes you feel better... part of my outfit that I thought looked ok today includes a pair of pants that I haven't been able to get into since before DS. I thought they were fine (a little snug, but fine), but I was wrong!! I noticed in the bathroom mirror at work that they give me the nicest little camel toe. :loveeyes: So glad this day is almost over!!!!

Thanks for all the other responses! I'm off to check out that web page!!

hellokitty
11-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Um, yeah. More than a few times, I have discovered that I wore my shirt (knitted) inside out or I realize there is a really obvious stain somewhere that I didn't see. My worst one yet was I got dressed nicely, fixed the kids bkfst, took them to swim and gym. I was pretty pregnant at that point. Somehow or another, I managed to drop egg yolk on the CROTCH of my pants, BUT miss my belly?!?! I came home and was giving the kids a bath and DH points to my crotch and says, "what's that?" He started laughing and said, "I can't believe you walked around like that and nobody said anything!" Yeah, did I mention I was wearing cream colored pants, so it was super obvious? :bag Just last wk, I looked really put together, took DS3 with me to a used book sale in our area, put him in my sling pouch, and everyone kind of gave me a smile (he was facing out). I realized AFTER I paid, that DS3 had a diaper explosion and it had leaked out onto my light pink sling. UGH! We're talking mustard yellow BF poo, so it was super obvious. It was so bad, I had to give him a full diaper and outfit change before I left the building.

deannanb
11-06-2009, 08:54 PM
have you seen this website?
Hopefully we all look a little better than these people!

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

jgenie
11-06-2009, 09:10 PM

:hysterical:

KathyN115
11-06-2009, 09:26 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am laughing out loud and crying. Too funny!

bigpassport
11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I have the opposite problem. I rarely look presentable (much less stylish), but I leave the house anyway. I wish I could get myself to care more about my appearance. But I'm kind of enjoying my married with new baby excuse:) Its just a phase, right?

ETA: Ok, I just looked at the peopleofwalmart website...I think I look great;)

eliasmom
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM

:ROTFLMAO:

Ok, you just made my night.

maestramommy
11-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I KNOW I don't look stylish, given what I'm wearing, but it's a little depressing when I look in the mirror and see that it's worse than I thought :(. I make myself feel better by promising it's not for forever. I WILL lose that baby weight, and I WILL buy myself bras and clothes that fit:boogie:

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
11-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I KNOW I don't look stylish, given what I'm wearing, but it's a little depressing when I look in the mirror and see that it's worse than I thought :(. I make myself feel better by promising it's not for forever. I WILL lose that baby weight, and I WILL buy myself bras and clothes that fit:boogie:

Melinda, come pay me a visit and will will got to the Ohio State Fair--I always feel so good about myself after leaving the fair!