PDA

View Full Version : I have bad news for Corie

Fairy
11-06-2009, 05:29 PM
The good news is that the Candy Cane JoJo's have ARRIVED at Trader Joe's! Yay!

The bad news is that they've discontinued the chocolate covered ones. Of any flavor.

:duh:

Don't shoot the messenger! But I was just there, saw the JoJo's were out in limited amounts, didn't see the chocolate dipped ones, thought of this thread and asked them when they'd be in. They said they were discontinued becasue the sales weren't as high as they had targeted.

Sorry! Maybe you can dip 'em yourself?

ETA --> Here's the post that started it all --> http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=336911&highlight=corie%2C

maydaymommy
11-06-2009, 05:34 PM
that is truly heartbreaking news. Goodbye, chocolate covered peppermint Jo-JOs. I loved you dearly.

Good news though if I really aim to do Weight Watchers soon.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
You can still bake M&M's though....:ROTFLMAO:

bubbaray
11-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Refresh my memory, as I'm doing a TJs run this weekend.

What is a JoJo?

OOOH, and I vaguely remember something about baking M&Ms from last Christmas. What is that all about?

maylips
11-06-2009, 05:36 PM
WHAT?! And now you're going to tell us there is no Santa Claus....

so, so very sad....

hollybloom24
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh man! I LOVED those! I started Weight Watchers two days ago, so it is probably a blessing!!!

Fairy
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM

What is a JoJo?

OOOH, and I vaguely remember something about baking M&Ms from last Christmas. What is that all about?

I should have included this link to the referencing post!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=336911&highlight=corie%2C

JoJo's are oreos but with candy cane teensy bits in the stuff, which is not quite double stuff, but well-more than regular stuff, and also the stuff is soooooo much better and less crapified than Oreo stuff.

That made no sense. Yet, I understood it.

arivecchi
11-06-2009, 05:43 PM
JoJo's are oreos but with candy cane teensy bits in the stuff, which is not quite double stuff, but well-more than regular stuff, and also the stuff is soooooo much better and less crapified than Oreo stuff.

That made no sense. Yet, I understood it. You crack me up! :ROTFLMAO:

bubbaray
11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I should have included this link to the referencing post!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=336911&highlight=corie%2C

That made no sense. Yet, I understood it.

I'm an idiot. I've had them before.

Personally, I prefer the Winter Oreos. Oreos dipped in white chocolate. OMG. Just shoot me.

Ceepa
11-06-2009, 05:46 PM
.... and also the stuff is soooooo much better and less crapified than Oreo stuff.

Thems fightin' words! :11:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-06-2009, 05:47 PM
JoJo's are Oreo style cookies.

This is the link to Corie's creative use of M&M's...:hysterical:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=307751&highlight=baked+m%26amp%3Bms

elektra
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
They are dairy free too. I would not have survived these past few months if it were not for Joe-Joe's. (I actually like the "regular" ones more than the peppermint ones.) :bag

maylips
11-06-2009, 05:51 PM
They are dairy free too. I would not have survived these past few months if it were not for Joe-Joe's. (I actually like the "regular" ones more than the peppermint ones.) :bag

I hate you a little for losing all of your pregnancy weight WHILE EATING JOE-JOES. That is really unfair.

maydaymommy
11-06-2009, 05:58 PM

Totally not what you asked, but I just tried two new TJ's products and LOVED them.
1) Wine Country Chicken Salad.
soooooo good

2)Barbeque pork, like pulled pork, that comes in a bag in the refridgerated section. Heat it up, grill it in a sandwich with their Tuscan bread and sliced Provolone. One of the best meals I've put on the table in a long time. (and we don't even eat pork almost ever.)
That was some good pork.

elektra
11-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I hate you a little for losing all of your pregnancy weight WHILE EATING JOE-JOES. That is really unfair.

LOL!
Joe Joe's are downright healthy compared to all the Halloween candy I would have eaten if I could have milk chocolate!
Not looking forward to when DS is weaned.

cvanbrunt
11-06-2009, 06:12 PM
The good news is that the Candy Cane JoJo's have ARRIVED at Trader Joe's! Yay!

The bad news is that they've discontinued the chocolate covered ones. Of any flavor.

:duh:

Don't shoot the messenger! But I was just there, saw the JoJo's were out in limited amounts, didn't see the chocolate dipped ones, thought of this thread and asked them when they'd be in. They said they were discontinued becasue the sales weren't as high as they had targeted.

Sorry! Maybe you can dip 'em yourself?

ETA --> Here's the post that started it all --> http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=336911&highlight=corie%2C

I just walked in the door from TJ with a box of Candy Cane Jo Jo's and the chocolate dipped kind with peppermint candy on top. They have them in Indy.

Fairy
11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
I just walked in the door from TJ with a box of Candy Cane Jo Jo's and the chocolate dipped kind with peppermint candy on top. They have them in Indy.

Oooooh. I see. So, Chicago -- or maybe just my specific one? -- discontinued them, but that's not for every city. Interesting. There's hope for others, then! Next time I go to TJ's, I'll mention that Indy has them and see if I can unravel this a bit!

bubbaray
11-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Totally not what you asked, but I just tried two new TJ's products and LOVED them.
1) Wine Country Chicken Salad.
soooooo good

2)Barbeque pork, like pulled pork, that comes in a bag in the refridgerated section. Heat it up, grill it in a sandwich with their Tuscan bread and sliced Provolone. One of the best meals I've put on the table in a long time. (and we don't even eat pork almost ever.)
That was some good pork.

Thanks! I actually am not able to bring meat across the border (either direction -- and they ALWAYS ask about the dog food, like I'm gonna share it with other dogs?). I'm pretty limited in what I can buy at TJs b/c most of their cookies and crackers are x-contaminated with nuts.

shawnandangel
11-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I remember the baked m&m's thread! It's a classic.

marie
11-06-2009, 10:03 PM

bit of a tangent here - do you have peanut-free M&M's in Canada? all M&M's here say "May contain peanuts". . . just wondering if it's time to make a trip up to Montreal!

marie
mama to
DD1 9/03
DD2 12/07

Nooknookmom
11-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone tried Newman-O's???? Ok, to prove a point to my 14 yo, I bought a bag of NO's and Jo Jo's, and we did a blind taste test. The Jo Jo's lost by a mile.

I have been addicted to the regular and chocolate versions for months now. Like sit down and eat 1/2 the bag addicted.

Yum!

Fairy
11-07-2009, 01:15 AM
I love Newman's line. But hated the newtons. maybe will try the O's.

Nooknookmom
11-07-2009, 02:35 AM
I love Newman's line. But hated the newtons. maybe will try the O's.

Newtons=ew. O's=stop me from eating the whole dang bag!

MontrealMum
11-07-2009, 03:19 AM
bit of a tangent here - do you have peanut-free M&M's in Canada? all M&M's here say "May contain peanuts". . . just wondering if it's time to make a trip up to Montreal!

Honestly, I don't know. I will say that Mars sells peanut-free candy in Canada. Are M&Ms a Mars product? I'll look at a package next time I'm at the store.

JTsMom
11-07-2009, 07:19 AM
:cry: How can this be? We've had threads for months on those cookies?!?

moosemama
11-07-2009, 10:35 AM

marie
mama to
DD1 9/03
DD2 12/07

I don't recall seeing peanut-free M&M's but a lot of the Nestle candy is peanut-free.
http://www.nestle.ca/en/products/Grouping/Peanut_Free/favourites.htm

Mars bars produced in Canada are also peanut-free. So are some of the Hershey bars DS got for Halloween.

Here's a website that lists some other peanut-free snacks available in Canada. http://www.canadianfavourites.com/SearchResults.asp

eliasmom
11-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Oooooh. I see. So, Chicago -- or maybe just my specific one? -- discontinued them, but that's not for every city. Interesting. There's hope for others, then! Next time I go to TJ's, I'll mention that Indy has them and see if I can unravel this a bit!

I was at the store on Ontario yesterday and I *forgot* to ask. :duh: I saw the candy cane joe-joes (ok, I bought the candy joe-joes), but not the ones I REALLY wanted!

Soooo, were you at the same Chicago area store or a different one? I can't believe they have them in Indy and not here!