PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Marathon deal on Amazon.com

ourbabygirl
11-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Regular price, $279.99; Amazon price: $186 and some change, including free shipping. We got one from another website back in May for DD, and I thought I got a good price at about $206, but this is a STEAL!
Three good, neutral fabrics are the ones on sale, and we have Granite and really like it. Usually the girly fabrics (like Ashley floral) are the ones you'll find discounted.

Copied from Babygoodbuys website:
You can get the Marathon at this price in Granite (gray), Crocodile (tan) or Cowmooflage (cow print). Love the gender-neutral options at this sale price!

Check it out if you're in the market for a Marathon or know someone who is! :D

awoodm
11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks! I was definitely in the market, and this is a great deal!

neeleymartin
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular price, $279.99; Amazon price: $186 and some change, including free shipping. We got one from another website back in May for DD, and I thought I got a good price at about $206, but this is a STEAL!
Three good, neutral fabrics are the ones on sale, and we have Granite and really like it. Usually the girly fabrics (like Ashley floral) are the ones you'll find discounted.

Copied from Babygoodbuys website:
You can get the Marathon at this price in Granite (gray), Crocodile (tan) or Cowmooflage (cow print). Love the gender-neutral options at this sale price!

Check it out if you're in the market for a Marathon or know someone who is! :D

help...where is this? i went to amazon and did not find it. could you post a link?

neeleymartin
11-06-2009, 09:21 PM
help...where is this? i went to amazon and did not find it. could you post a link?

found it. didn't realize that you had to click on the $279 and change color options. WHAT A DEAL!!! wow.

lchang25000
11-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I got my Blvd. for $206 and that definitely was a steal also!!! :cheerleader1: Thanks for posting...I'll let my friends know.

ThreeofUs
11-06-2009, 09:47 PM
You know, like the SD'er said, I think I'd go for the Boulevard for $160, even if it's a little bit of work:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1605503

Linky for the marathon deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Marathon-Convertible-Seat-Granite/dp/B000YSNMG2/ref=pd_ms_ba_14?tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&s=baby-products

Melarina
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Awesome deal! Used a gift card we had for $20 to get the Marathon in Cowmooflage for $166.xx -- can't imagine we'd do any better than that!

WatchingThemGrow
11-06-2009, 11:40 PM
You can also get several marathons for $182-186 on www.travelingtikes.com w/free shipping of course.

We have a Crocodile on the way for $186

jgenie
11-07-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to get this now or wait till later. DC #2 is due in Feb. We have a Keyfit from DS that we will use in the beginning with DC#2. We have a BLVD for DS in my car and a Marathon in DH's car. The Marathon is too big for DH's car so we were thinking of moving that to my car when DC#2 moves out of the Keyfit. We travel by plane to see family in another state about once or twice a year and have been borrowing a seat when we arrive, but would like to purchase a seat to have there. Does it make sense to get the BLVD from this saie and have it shipped directly to Grandma for her car (it can be an emergency seat for DN) and travel with the Marathon next year (most likely in Oct) and swap out for the BLVD to bring home with us? Will I be wasting a year of use thus negating the savings????

Snow mom
11-07-2009, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't do it. These deals roll around from time to time. If you read down the SD thread you see many people who say "I did this last time there was this deal."

poohbear
11-07-2009, 09:49 AM
I got the blvd for $203 on Diapers.com and then $24 back from bing. (I mailed in for the $15 rebate for the magazine but I'm not holding my breath, but the bing is showing as pending in my account, so I'd say that it's a definite $180 on the price). The d.o.m. was October 27, 2009. Diapers.com says this is their "semi-annual sale" and it seems that everyone is lowering their prices to match the diapers.com prices, so I'm sure that 6 months from now, there will be low prices again. Good deal if you need a seat in the next few months though! I'd say if you're going to order, you may be better using bing cashback and going through diapers.com than amazon with no cashback (with or without the first time $10 off bonus and $15 mail in rebate. Keep in mind that the SD link includes a referral credit for the OP :)
BTW - Marathon in those colors is the same price at diapers.com :) (then add $21 back from bing, bringing it down to $160)

catpagmo
11-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I got the blvd for $203 on Diapers.com and then $24 back from bing. (I mailed in for the $15 rebate for the magazine but I'm not holding my breath, but the bing is showing as pending in my account, so I'd say that it's a definite $180 on the price). The d.o.m. was October 27, 2009. Diapers.com says this is their "semi-annual sale" and it seems that everyone is lowering their prices to match the diapers.com prices, so I'm sure that 6 months from now, there will be low prices again. Good deal if you need a seat in the next few months though! I'd say if you're going to order, you may be better using bing cashback and going through diapers.com than amazon with no cashback (with or without the first time $10 off bonus and $15 mail in rebate. Keep in mind that the SD link includes a referral credit for the OP :)
BTW - Marathon in those colors is the same price at diapers.com :) (then add $21 back from bing, bringing it down to $160)

Which Blvd did you get for $203? The cheapest I'm seeing is $239.99.

ETA: Figured it out!

poohbear
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Which Blvd did you get for $203? The cheapest I'm seeing is $239.99.

ETA: Figured it out!

:) - evening sand is $239.99. When you use code sbgear1, it comes out to $203.99