PDA

View Full Version : milk regurgitation after feeding

bluestar
11-06-2009, 09:54 PM
My baby is one month old now. She is very gassy and we have to burp her for quite a long time after each feeding. Sometimes she'd become fuzzy all of a sudden 1 hour afterwards and needs burping again. I am wondering why she is so gassy, could it be lactose intolerance? Shall I get something like nap nanny to raise her up if put her to sleep after feeding especially at night?

ThreeofUs
11-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Try eliminating allergens from your diet, if you're bf'ing, or going on a different formula. Cow's milk is a big culprit in this, as are acidic foods, but there are good lists at kellymom. (Personally, every time I eat tomatoes or chocolate, DS2 spits up. It's like an on/off switch.) Also, a search on this board would probably get you some great threads - many of us have had this problem.

bluestar
11-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll search the forum then.

srhs
11-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Search info on infant reflux too. LOTS of info in the Kid Food forum and also: www.infantreflux.org, go to the forum (http://www.infantreflux.org/forum/) while you're there.

LMPC
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
DD was a very gassy baby....on both ends LOL! We ended up elevating her crib with some books (as per the ped's recommendation). That helped some ....and some nights she slept in her bouncy seat.

Good luck! It gets easier!!!!