PDA

View Full Version : Breast Milk Screening Kit?

strollerqueen
11-06-2009, 11:41 PM
What the heck? Anyone ever heard of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Breast-Milk-Screening-Kit_W0QQitemZ260502884981QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3ca72e9275

lizzywednesday
11-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Yes, I've heard of it.

I distrust OTC testing like this for ANYTHING, but wonder if my sister has considered it ... she'll still be breastfeeding when our brother gets married in January, but she's planning to pump-and-dump instead of worrying. (I hope she doesn't get smashed ... she's planning to bring the baby!)

Clarity
11-07-2009, 12:46 AM
I've heard of the alcohol test strips for breastmilk, but never of one that promises to test the components of breastmilk for the purpose of ensuring proper balance of nutrients. I bet it's bogus.

elektra
11-07-2009, 01:24 AM
I've heard of the alcohol test strips for breastmilk, but never of one that promises to test the components of breastmilk for the purpose of ensuring proper balance of nutrients. I bet it's bogus.

:yeahthat:

Toba
11-07-2009, 01:37 AM
I've also heard of the alcohol test strips for breast milk, in fact, my sister uses them frequently (not that she's a lush, LOL, she just is a wine lover). I didn't know they existed when I was BF, but then again, I was on Glucophage for PCOS during my pregnancy and BF, so drinking was out of the question anyway. But this test you linked to .... I'm ... suspicious.

catsnkid
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I've seen them on sale at BRU for several months.