PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, who is designing these toys?!?!

mariza
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
This would give my kids nightmares (ok, it would give ME the creeps anyway!)
Skelanimals? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3563646&ab=TRU_HP%3A8Pack6%3AImage%3ASkelanimals-15-inch-PlushUID-698D4610-productid3559067
Fess up, who is buying these?

MamaKath
11-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Haha, I had not heard of these until today! A student told me which of them she wants for Christmas. They are definitely not what I think of as cute and cuddly. ;)

Kitten007
11-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Just like the Garbage Pail Kids (remember those?).....why?!?!?!?

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2009, 09:44 AM
LOL i actually think those are cute! as a child my brother would have liked toys like this (but then again, he's always been into skeletons, etc..and he's now an anthropologist... :p )

SnuggleBuggles
11-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I saw an episode of Ace of Cakes where the wedding couple collected those so the cake was designed to look like those.

I think the right kid would love those. My niece, for example (of course, she is 15yo). My 7yo would likely get a kick out of them too.

Beth

hellokitty
11-07-2009, 10:08 AM
My boys would think that kind of stuff is cool, b/c they like skeletons. I'd think that ppl who are, "nightmare before christmas" fans would like these too. The bratz dolls bug me a lot more than these do.

lizzywednesday
11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
My boys would think that kind of stuff is cool, b/c they like skeletons. I'd think that ppl who are, "nightmare before christmas" fans would like these too. The bratz dolls bug me a lot more than these do.

HEAR! HEAR! I loathe the Bratz dolls and think they're probably the ugliest things I've seen in a while. (They are banned from my home. I should put my mother on notice.)

I would probably ask for one of these if I were a kid, too. Then again, I am a big sci-fi/horror/thriller movie person ... I just love getting scared at the movies! (I also love Ugly Dolls ... we currently have two - Ice Bat and Wage - and have given Big Toe to one of our friends' kids.)

My sister, on the other hand, would NOT like them.

(Too bad the nieces fall into the same category as my sister ... these would be fun to give!)

spanannie
11-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I thought these were a Target-only thing for Halloween. My 5 year old daughter LOVES them. I have no idea why. They don't bother me other than the fact that we don't need another stuffed animal to enter this house!

daniele_ut
11-07-2009, 11:12 AM
HEAR! HEAR! I loathe the Bratz dolls and think they're probably the ugliest things I've seen in a while. (They are banned from my home. I should put my mother on notice.)

I wouldn't worry too much about the Bratz dolls. Mattell won a lawsuit against the maker and they are no longer being manufactured.

Seitvonzu
11-07-2009, 11:13 AM
hrm... they had something like this at target in the halloween section. it was carrying a pumpkin with some candy or something. as we went through the aisles and i was distracted looking at something she pulled one of those off the shelves and started laughing-- she loved it! she's only 22 months old! :) another toddler and his mother were going down the same aisle a few minutes later and he was reaching for them too.

my mother was always the "weird" child that was into spooky things -- her favorite characters in disney movies were the witches or "bad guys" even from a very young age. mom loves vampires and even had a picture hanging in her old house of "saint aloysius"-- totally a vampire picture that i suppoes she felt she could get away with because it was an icon or something ;) i just figure my child "gets this from her gee-gee." we've never worried about reading spooky books with ghosts, witches, goblins, skeletons, etc. the other day i caught lu singing "dem bones" haha :)

ellies mom
11-07-2009, 12:14 PM
My 6 yo daughter would love those too. She likes that kind of stuff. When I was taking Anatomy and Physiology, she spent hours leafing through my atlas (color drawings). She also tends toward the spooky a bit as well.

I don't really mind skull and skeletons as long as they are "cute and happy". And that counts as cute in my book.

s7714
11-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I just saw them for the first time the other day when looking at all the discounted Halloween stuff. There was a big pile of those costumes and some of the animals. And here I was thinking it was just a Halloween thing! Apparently not, LOL! My 6yo DD thought they were kind of gross.

mariza
11-07-2009, 12:59 PM
OK, I 'm now feeling old and "out of it!" LOL! I guess there is a market for everything :)

mamicka
11-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm not planning on buying them, but I bet my boys would love a toy like that.

strollerqueen
11-08-2009, 02:04 AM
11 year old DD got a "Skelanimals" t-shirt to wear to her school Halloween party. It was the most decent shirt they had, amongst all the indecent ones, lol! I banned Bratz dolls and their ilk from my house long ago, fwiw. Those are just plain wrong. The Skelanimals is kinda' funny.

jamesmom
11-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Not planning on buying them either, but my 6 year old would get a kick out of skelaminals. One of his favorite books is an ABC book with various animal skulls, and he loves going to natural history museums, which usually have collections of fossils and skeletons.

Bratz are banned from our house. Glad they've stopped manufacturing them.

lizzywednesday
11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the Bratz dolls. Mattell won a lawsuit against the maker and they are no longer being manufactured.

You *so* don't know my mom's DH!

My stepfather haunts Amazon for clearance items; if they go on clearance over there, Mr. Bob will buy tons of them.

maestramommy
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
um, what?? Looks like the rabbit swallowed a skeleton.

happymom
11-08-2009, 11:20 PM

Really? Cool! What was the lawsuit about?

kransden
11-08-2009, 11:32 PM
My friend's 4th grader loves them. My 7 yr old thinks they are creepy. So I guess it is a tween thing.