PDA

View Full Version : Refridgerate pumpkin pie?

Nooknookmom
11-07-2009, 02:32 AM
I searched and can't find anything. Do you put it in the fridge or on the counter?

MontrealMum
11-07-2009, 03:15 AM
I don't know the official answer, but I have done both. It does have eggs in it, but none of us have gotten sick if I've left it on the counter for a day or so. Especially if it's not mid-July or something. Our place is pretty damp though since we live on the water, so I usually refrigerate things like that (eggs or not) because they'll get fuzzy :(

Andi98989
11-07-2009, 05:49 AM
We refrigerate it

TwinFoxes
11-07-2009, 06:14 AM
I think this is going to be like butter, or ketchup. Some people insist you HAVE to refrigerate, others prefer to keep them out. I don't refrigerate pumpkin pie (or sweet potatoe pie which is what we have).

The official USDA answer is refrigerate, but they take food safety to the extreme. Their answer to everything is "don't eat it".

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/Hotline_Answers_Panic_Button_Questions/index.asp

ETA: this could be a fun poll!

g-mama
11-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I refrigerate it because if I think if left out, it may get mushy and pudding-like, not firm enough.

ladysoapmaker
11-07-2009, 01:11 PM
We rarely if ever refridgerate our pies. If I make them several days ahead of time (like close to a week) I will refrigerate them otherwise I don't worry too much. They don't last very long in the house.

Jen

new_mommy25
11-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I always refrigerate. But things go bad in about a minute in my climate.

Nooknookmom
11-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, I was so tired and Koi refused to go to bed until after midnight, that it ended up staying out.

If we all croak-you'll know what happened, lol!