PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 $199 w/ $100 giftcard Walmart

Melaine
11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
My husband says this is a great deal. We got it B&M, but I think it is available online as well. TODAY ONLY.

*If you buy online, keep in mind that the gift card may only work online rather than in store.

wifecat
11-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Awesome deal! Wish I would have known about it earlier - my store's sold out. They only got 13 units for the promotion. Bummer.

Melaine
11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Awesome deal! Wish I would have known about it earlier - my store's sold out. They only got 13 units for the promotion. Bummer.

Shockingly, our store was almost deserted when we went around 9:30. But it is a new store and doesn't get a lot of traffic....which is super nice. I hope it continues to be empty through the holidays, that would be awesome!

wellyes
11-07-2009, 02:36 PM
WOW thanks for posting! Running to get one now.

mominma
11-07-2009, 08:29 PM
They are also offering the same deal on Amazon, except there is a $100 Amazon credit

DietCokeLover
11-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I saw several at our Walmart today, but we don't need one. Great deal though.

SammyeGail
11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
I would love this deal on a Wii......Wonder if Wal-Mart will do it next Sat????

new_mommy25
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the tip! We ran out and scored one this morning. :)

Melaine
11-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I would love this deal on a Wii......Wonder if Wal-Mart will do it next Sat????

That would be crazy!!!

oneontheway
11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Oh darn! I've been on the hunt for a deal like this. Go figure, the one day I was traveling and didn't check the board. How did your husband hear about it?

Thanks!

Melaine
11-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Oh darn! I've been on the hunt for a deal like this. Go figure, the one day I was traveling and didn't check the board. How did your husband hear about it?

Thanks!

DH said he saw it in the Walmart circular but I saw it on Slickdeals.net. Maybe they will run similar promotions before Christmas, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

chemnerd
11-12-2009, 08:20 PM
This deal actually goes until tomorrow (Friday). My DH called around today and found one store in our area with a few of them and he ran right over and got one. They are hard to come by, but still out there.
Oh, and if they tell you the deal was only on Saturday, ask them to scan the item. The deal comes up automatically.

HTH.

oneontheway
11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks! I just called and our Walmart has one left. They told me they would put it on hold until this afternoon when DH can get there. Hope they stick to it!
Anyone know what the big difference is between the Arcade version and the other versions? It is a xmas gift for DS (14) and I don't want to ask him so it is a surprise...

chemnerd
11-13-2009, 12:15 PM
The arcade has basically no memory for saving games and playing the really fancy games (each 360 game tells on the back what it needs in terms of memory). You or your son should be able to find some memory for it on ebay or at gamestop used for a decent price (that's what my DH is planning on doing).

new_mommy25
11-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks! I just called and our Walmart has one left. They told me they would put it on hold until this afternoon when DH can get there. Hope they stick to it!
Anyone know what the big difference is between the Arcade version and the other versions? It is a xmas gift for DS (14) and I don't want to ask him so it is a surprise...

We bought ours last Saturday with the deal and love it. The difference I can see with with the Arcade is the lack of memory and different connection cords. The cords with the Arcade are the standard red/yellow/white cords. The cords that come with the other version are composite cords. I believe the composite cords offer a better picture, especially when using with an HD TV. Even with the regular cords the picture looks really sharp on our flat screen. There is very little memory on the xbox and right now we are only playing one game that needs to be saved. I plan to pick up some memory sticks for it or try to buy a cheap hard drive off of ebay.

chubbycheeks
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Quick question for all those that got the deal. My local WM flier lists the Xbox as on sale for $199, but makes no mention of the $100 gift card. Is this something that just comes up upon checkout? Kind of like a 'surprise' sale?? Or was this deal something that was offered in some areas of the country but not all?

Thanks so much!

new_mommy25
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Quick question for all those that got the deal. My local WM flier lists the Xbox as on sale for $199, but makes no mention of the $100 gift card. Is this something that just comes up upon checkout? Kind of like a 'surprise' sale?? Or was this deal something that was offered in some areas of the country but not all?

Thanks so much!

I live in Hawaii and it was offered here. I'm pretty sure it is offered all over the country. However, since tomorrow is Saturday and they may be coming out with new deals, it's possible that today is the last day. I would call your Walmart and ask for the electronics department.

chubbycheeks
11-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks!! I actually went to my local Walmart and sure enough they were doing it but were out. I really want this deal to come out for the Wii. I know that was a rumor for this weekend, but haven't seen it confirmed.