PDA

View Full Version : Question on magazines...Parenting Early Years vs School Years

alien_host
11-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I can get a free subscription to either Parenting, Early years or School years through Amazon (after making a toy purchase). I already get Parents. IIRC Parenting is very similar.

My DD enters kinder next Sept. Should I try School Years instead? Any thoughts? TIA!

ETA: I did notice that I can get a refund of $9.97....I wonder if I'm better off with that?

KrisM
11-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I've been getting the School Years for a couple months and I enjoy it. DS is in kindergarten and was well past all the stuff in the regular Parenting magazine and even with 2 younger kids, I feel like I know enough about things to not want that one.

Can you hit a library to check a month out maybe?

It does go to much older kids than what I have, but that's okay. It talks about bullying in school, lunch box food, older kids who are shy, etc.

nicknack
11-07-2009, 05:16 PM
I can get a free subscription to either Parenting, Early years or School years through Amazon (after making a toy purchase). I already get Parents. IIRC Parenting is very similar.

My DD enters kinder next Sept. Should I try School Years instead? Any thoughts? TIA!

ETA: I did notice that I can get a refund of $9.97....I wonder if I'm better off with that?

Ooh, didn't realize I could get the refund, off to find my email!