PDA

View Full Version : Dishes without lead

athompson
11-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm in the market for new dishes and I'd like to purchase some without lead. Any ideas? Thanks everyone:)

KathyN115
11-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I have a set of Corelle. I believe they are lead free. They are not the most stylish, but they are light and hard to break. I think Fiestaware is lead-free also. Or, you could always go with plain glass.

Kungjo
11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
How do you tell if your dishes have lead in them or not?

C99
11-07-2009, 06:58 PM

It's in the glaze. Chances are that stoneware has been glazed with a lead-containing glaze. Not sure how to tell if it contains lead or not.

Tondi G
11-07-2009, 09:54 PM

http://www.edf.org/article.cfm?ContentID=957

cpapay
11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Fiestaware is lead free =) Love mine!

http://www.hlchina.com/

athompson
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
After a little research, it looks like Ikea and Pfaltzgraff could be good options.
Does anyone have dinnerware from Ikea? Does it hold up well?

athompson
11-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check all of these out!

fedoragirl
11-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I second the Corelle. And the designs are gorgeous now. I ordered my set from Amazon.
I even bought the square ones for a wedding gift. They never break, are lead free, and clean really well. These are my everyday dishes.

Tondi G
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
After a little research, it looks like Ikea and Pfaltzgraff could be good options.
Does anyone have dinnerware from Ikea? Does it hold up well?

I have some Ikea dishes that are 15 years old. It was the least expensive set when DH and I first moved in together. They have held up remarkably well! My sister recently found glass dinner plates at Ikea and is very happy with them! I am considering the white dishes that have gotten marked down since I would like to get something new and white works with just about everything!

Globetrotter
11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Corelle has really improved their designs!! I was pleasantly surprised the last time I checked them out.

We have a lot of Fiestaware, which I love for the bright colors! They are lead free.. the other day ds dropped, in succession, a fiestaware bowl and a melamine PBK divided tray (which we use for cold foods ;)) onto our laminate flooring. The tray broke but the bowl came out intact!!