PDA

View Full Version : Round Dining Table

athompson
11-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I currently have a rectangle shaped table in the eating area of our kitchen. It's just not working in the space that we have. I'd love to find a tried and true round table. Do you have one that you love? I'm looking for something durable, easy to clean and on the smaller side, but I still need to be able to fit five people. If you know of one, where did you find it? Thanks!

newg
11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
ikea has a cute one.......not sure about quality and durability though........

lowrioh
11-07-2009, 05:50 PM
We had a Broyhill table that had a self-storing leaf in our old place and it worked really well.
http://www.broyhillfurniture.com/Furniture/ProductDetails/?ItemID=102942

KathyN115
11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
We have this one from Ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40072207

We had initially gone to Ikea to get a different table, but they were out of stock so we got this one instead (I was getting a table that day, no matter what!) For the most part, we are happy with it. I thought we would use it round, but we often have other people for dinner so leave the leaf in. With the leaf we can easily seat 6-8. I think 5 would fit fine without the leaf. We wanted a white table, and had a hard time finding one to fit our space.

Kungjo
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
We just got a 48" round table with 4 side chairs at Rooms to Go. It's country style looking so it's a casual dining set. The table has a leaf inside that's stored under the table so it can extend. They have pretty good prices if you have one near you.

ourbabygirl
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
We got ours from Macy's a couple of years ago. Don't remember the brand, but it's really nice cherry and seats 4. The problem is that it has two leafs (/leaves?), so it only goes from 4 to 8, not 6. Not sure why they made it like that, but I guess we'll have to have either 2 or 6 kids ;)! It's *really* hard finding a round pedestal table (I didn't want legs getting in our way) in the color we wanted, as we have oak cabinets in our kitchen. Everything we found is very country-looking, so we were glad to find this option at the store....I guess it's kind of French country. We like it but since we use it for every meal, it's getting kind of dinged up and it would be nice to have a glass top for it.

MommytoEliana
11-08-2009, 12:34 AM
We searched for ages when we were looking last year. Finally ordered a 54" round from Saloom Furniture. Love it, but if you're looking for more of a breakfast area table, I'd go with a 48". (This is our only table--eat-in kitchen--and we had the space, so this worked better for our needs, especially as the kids get older. It extends to 74" with the leaf.)

Pier 1 had some really cute ones last time I was there, and they wouldn't break the bank. Seems like I never found any I liked until we bought ours, and now I see them everywhere. :-)

Pottery Barn also has a couple of very nice round tables, and I think Crate and Barrel does too.

Good luck!

athompson
11-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm heading out today for the search.