PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a toy coffee pot?

WitMom
11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
My two year old is always pushing the chair over to the counter to play with Daddy's coffee pot. I thought maybe Santa could bring her one of her own. I haven't really seen any in a quick search of my usual toy websites. Does anyone have one that they recommend? I prefer wood, but if you tell me to try something else, I will.

DrSally
11-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I think Kidkraft makes a wooden one. I don't have one, so I can't comment. I do have their wooden toaster and we like it fine.

WitMom
11-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I did see that one, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. I think it's really cute, but I wonder if it would get played with more if it looked more like the real thing. Of course, something that looks like the real thing is more than likely going to be plastic, which I'm not crazy about. Hmmmmm....

brittone2
11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
We got one a few years back for DS that was similar to the Kidkraft ones. I forget who made it (was not Kidkraft but was very similar).

He looooooved it. In fact, he got it for Christmas the same year he got his train table. He went bonkers for the coffee pot and made everyone coffee all day long, and mostly neglected the "big" gift of the train table (which he enjoyed in coming days, but he was most excited about that coffee pot LOL).

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-11-2009, 11:53 PM
PBK used to make one.

alien_host
11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
We have a wooden one that I bought at Babystyle several years ago, which doesn't help you now (unless I can figure out who produced it for them). It gets used A LOT, DD loves making coffee.

It doesn't look that "real" but at 2 she knew exactly what it was for. ;) It came with two wooden mugs, milk carton, sugar bowl and I think a spoon.

Momof3Labs
11-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I just saw the Kidkraft one at Homegoods yesterday. The price was around $20, I think??

brittone2
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
We have a wooden one that I bought at Babystyle several years ago, which doesn't help you now (unless I can figure out who produced it for them). It gets used A LOT, DD loves making coffee.

It doesn't look that "real" but at 2 she knew exactly what it was for. ;) It came with two wooden mugs, milk carton, sugar bowl and I think a spoon.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the reminder. I'm pretty sure that's where ours was from. It was light blue, orange, and white if I remember right? I liked that it was gender neutral.

alien_host
11-12-2009, 01:06 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the reminder. I'm pretty sure that's where ours was from. It was light blue, orange, and white if I remember right? I liked that it was gender neutral.

yes that sounds like it! DD is 4.5 and still loves brewing a cup or two ;)