PDA

View Full Version : Hand-held vacuum

mm123
11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Can anyone recommend their hand-held vacuum? I know the Dysons are great, but really don't want to spend that kind of money. Just something that works well, and reasonably priced, that'll clean up the crumbs from the kitchen floor after meals.

Globetrotter
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I posted about this recently and was hoping to get a cordless, but after reading the reviews I went with one that plugs into the electrical outlet. I was really sick and tired of replacing my cordless vacs once the battery dies, and a new battery costs as much as a new vacuum (assuming you can replace it!).

This is the one I got:

Devil M08220 Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

from Amazon.com for $32! It is a powerful thing and so far I don't mind the cord since I use it mainly around the dining and kitchen area :)

DebbieJ
11-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I have a cheap corded dirt devil--$20 at Aldi a few weeks back. Does the trick!

bluestarfish18
11-07-2009, 09:03 PM
We have the yellow Dyson super-sucker-upper...and I loathe it with a passion. It's charge is only good for a few minutes, and it's really hard to remove dog hair from the canister. The only reason Dyson claims it doesn't lose suction, is because it doesn't suck well in the first place.

Just giving you another reason to not get a Dyson, besides the price.

bigsis
11-08-2009, 02:20 AM
We have a Dirt Devil. It was not the cheapest one--we have the one $5 more than the cheapest one. :) We love it. It has decent power. It's always charging, so it's ready to go anytime without the cords. I always reach for it when I step on something (crumbs, grains, cereal....)

The kids are really good with it too.

alirebco
11-08-2009, 10:14 AM
We have this one and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-PHV1800CB-Pivoting-Nose-Energy-Star/dp/B001EWEV1M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1257689674&sr=8-2

1964pandora
11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I posted about this recently and was hoping to get a cordless, but after reading the reviews I went with one that plugs into the electrical outlet. I was really sick and tired of replacing my cordless vacs once the battery dies, and a new battery costs as much as a new vacuum (assuming you can replace it!).

This is the one I got:

Devil M08220 Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

from Amazon.com for $32! It is a powerful thing and so far I don't mind the cord since I use it mainly around the dining and kitchen area :)

Thank you for this recommendation. I just went ahead and bought one on Amazon!

Globetrotter
11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
I hope you like it.. our Black and Decker 14.4 volt cordless was highly rated and lasted for a few years until it conked out. I find that most of the cordless ones work great for some time but have a limited battery life so they end up clogging the landfills :(

1964pandora
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I hope you like it.. our Black and Decker 14.4 volt cordless was highly rated and lasted for a few years until it conked out. I find that most of the cordless ones work great for some time but have a limited battery life so they end up clogging the landfills :(

Thanks, if you hadn't mentioned this, I would have bought a cordless and I'm sure I would have had the same problems you had. Phew.