PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bathtub

ryanmom
11-07-2009, 07:30 PM
so, i went with the one in baby bargains on my registry and received it as a present but it is HUGE. I think a six year old could fit comfortably in this bathtub... Are there any recommendations for smaller tubs?

mom2beofboy/girltwins
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Not sure what tub you recieved, but this is the one we have. It's worked out well and isn't expensive. The sling was crucial since the twins started out really tiny, but since about 4 months we've been using it without the sling with no issues.

http://www.target.com/dp/B000067EH7/sr=1-1/qid=1257638495/ref=sr_fkmr_txt_3_1/182-5405823-7764968?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Asafety%20first%20tub&page=1

lhafer
11-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I second that blue tub. I used the sling the first time around, but am thinking about just using a $5 sponge mat from BRU, at least until I can submerge the baby (once cord is healed). I really don't remember how long I used it for - 9 months maybe?

I see there's a new Euro tub that's white that looks good, but it does look large. But reviewers are saying that they are using the same tub until toddler years.

Melaine
11-07-2009, 08:37 PM
I bet it was this one: http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1257640603&sr=8-1

If so, it IS huge, but it is GREAT. I never thought I would rave about a baby bathtub, but I'm telling you it is totally worth the space. We did use it for ages, too....

jgenie
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I bet it was this one: http://www.amazon.com/Primo-340W-PRIMO-EuroBath-Pearl/dp/B000056OV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1257640603&sr=8-1

If so, it IS huge, but it is GREAT. I never thought I would rave about a baby bathtub, but I'm telling you it is totally worth the space. We did use it for ages, too....

:yeahthat: We love this tub!!!

AJP
11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
We used both the blue tub with the sling when our girls were tiny and then the Euro one later. Both were great. By the time they were ready to fit into the Euro tub they were growing out of the blue one.

okinawama
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
we used a tummy tub and loved it! We initially had one of the traditional baby tubs, but so much of their body is out of the water and mu little guy HATED it. Once we got the tummy tub baths became a joy and they calmed him SO well. There is a tub like the tummy tub that is cheaper and my friend has it and said it works just as well. My husband ranks the tummy tub as his number one baby purchase, can't say enough good things about it! look it up, there are some videos on you tube!!!

dukie41181
11-08-2009, 12:07 AM
we used a tummy tub and loved it! We initially had one of the traditional baby tubs, but so much of their body is out of the water and mu little guy HATED it. Once we got the tummy tub baths became a joy and they calmed him SO well. There is a tub like the tummy tub that is cheaper and my friend has it and said it works just as well. My husband ranks the tummy tub as his number one baby purchase, can't say enough good things about it! look it up, there are some videos on you tube!!!

How long can a LO use the Tummy Tub? I am so tempted to get one but my LO isn't so little anymore. She is going on 9 months and I'm afraid I missed the window of time where this would be safe and appropriate.

srhs
11-08-2009, 12:12 AM
I've only read great things about the Primo Eurobath one, but I didn't have the space.

I got the First Years one PP linked and have been super-happy with it. By the time DS1 was too big for it, he was ready for the regular bathtub anyway. FWIW, I have a divided kitchen sink, and this was the only tub I found that fit.

lchang25000
11-08-2009, 12:40 AM
We've used the blue tub for DS ever since he was a newborn (without the newborn sling) and he's still using it at almost 10 months old! It's fits perfectly over our kitchen sink.

happymom
11-08-2009, 01:16 AM
We used the blue tub on my kitchen counter and it worked well. However I found it to be a pain to do baths in the kitchen!! As soon as DD was able to sit well, we started using the munchkin ducky tub (I mentioned this in another thread recently). We got this tub as a baby gift and LOOOVE it. DD has loved taking baths in here since the first time. Its adorable and the perfect size. And when we're done with it, just deflate and store! Lchang- ur DS is similar age to my DD and he would prb love being able to sit up and play in this tub!!

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White-Hot-Inflatable-Duck/dp/B000066665

okinawama
11-08-2009, 09:48 AM
How long can a LO use the Tummy Tub? I am so tempted to get one but my LO isn't so little anymore. She is going on 9 months and I'm afraid I missed the window of time where this would be safe and appropriate.

My son has always been big, and you're right, once they get to be a certain size washing them can get to be hard. We used until my son was around 6ish months, he was about 23lbs and 27 inches tall. When we transitioned him out of it he was still enjoying it, but it was just getting harder to wash him. For a while we did wash him while he stood in it and then we sat him down,so that's always an option as well.

I loved how portable the bath was too. We often took it outside on nice evenings and we sat around as a family, it was a great way to end a day:).

At 9mo though, I don't know if I'd buy one just because you don't know how long your LO will last in it.

SnuggleBuggles
11-08-2009, 10:18 AM
We had the Euro Tub with ds2 but we found it was just much easier to just take him into the bath with us. With ds1 we had much more bathroom counter space and had a simple tub from Safety First that worked well.

Beth

MizMojoLaveau
11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
It IS big, but it is great!