PDA

View Full Version : Which Monopoly game do your kids like the best?

jess_g
11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
There are so many versions of Monopoly out there. We have the star wars one and my 6 year old ds realy likes it. I am wondering if there are other versions that your kids like and if there is a version that takes less time to play? That is our biggest problem it can take a lot of time to play but my ds loves to play it. I am asking about the old fashioned board games not games for the computer or tv.

Thanks,

Jessica.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
11-08-2009, 12:30 AM
We bought a version a couple years ago that had a "speed die" to use in addition to the 2 regular dice to make the game faster. Here's a definition I found for it:

Speed Die
In 2007, Parker Brothers began releasing its standard version of Monopoly with a new addition to gameplay—the Speed Die. This third die alters gameplay by allowing players to increase their move up to 3 spaces (rolling one of the 3 numbered sides); move immediately to the next unowned property OR to the next property on which they would owe money (rolling one of 2 "Mr. Monopoly" sides); "Get Off The Bus Early" (rolling the "Bus" side), allowing the player the option to use the total of just one die to move (i.e. A roll of 1-5-BUS would let the player choose from moving 1, 5 or 6 spaces); or even move directly to any space on the board (rolling a triple—all three dice showing the same 1, 2, or 3).

egoldber
11-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you have Monopoly or Monopoly Jr? So far Sarah has only played the Jr version and she likes it. I like it because it is a LOT faster than the regular version (although the speed die option mentioned above might help).

We have two different Junior version (we bought one and were given one as a gift) that are themed differently. The pieces and board pictures are different, but the game play is the same .