PDA

View Full Version : ADR Question - help!

alien_host
11-08-2009, 02:41 AM
For some reason I thought ADR was 90 days prior but it seems to be 180 days. We haven't officially booked our May 2010 trip yet but the ADR opens up in the next few days for our potential dates. Can I book a reservation anyway?

What about if we are getting the dining plan. I probably won't book our actual reservation for 2-3 days (still figuring it out) and I don't want to miss key reservations.

TIA!

JTsMom
11-08-2009, 07:53 AM
It was 90 days, but it just recently switched back to 180 days. You can book ADR's without a reservation, but then you can only do them right at 180 days. So, for each day of your trip, you need to call back, and make another. If, however, you are staying on property, you can make reservations for 180 days plus 10. So on day 180, you can book the entire trip. Make sense? If you're staying off property, it won't matter.

They will ask if you are on the DDP, and for your res #, but even if you don't have them, you can make the ADR.

alien_host
11-08-2009, 12:02 PM
It was 90 days, but it just recently switched back to 180 days. You can book ADR's without a reservation, but then you can only do them right at 180 days. So, for each day of your trip, you need to call back, and make another. If, however, you are staying on property, you can make reservations for 180 days plus 10. So on day 180, you can book the entire trip. Make sense? If you're staying off property, it won't matter.

They will ask if you are on the DDP, and for your res #, but even if you don't have them, you can make the ADR.

Thank you! This makes sense...I wish we had our trip booked so I could do it all at once - great feature.

I did it online. It didn't ask me about DDP, will it matter if I add it later? I've booked what I believe are the first 2-3 days of our trip.

This is a bit stressful.... ;)

JTsMom
11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
No- DDP won't matter, unless you book something like Hoop Dee Doo, which requires a credit card deposit, and yes, you can call and update later if you want to.

The way the DDP works, is the server will usually ask you if you're on the plan right when you sit down, then steer you towards what is/is not included. When the time for the check comes, if everything you ordered is included, you hand over your card, and then you just need to leave a tip (which you can also charge on your card if you link to a cc). If you ordered anything extra, you'll have a check for that amount.

alien_host
11-09-2009, 09:12 AM
JTs Mom thank you!!!