PDA

View Full Version : Infant in BJCCD

septmama2b
11-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I have decided against the infant seat adapter, it's huge and awkward. My kids outgrow the infant bucket seat pretty quickly.

I know the seat reclines all the way, should I get some type of insert to add extra padding or the pram that baby jogger sells?

We'll just be using it for neighborhood walks and the occasional shopping trip or doctor visit. I think I'll more likely be wearing the tiny one and using my single stroller for the first few months.

jacksmoma
11-08-2009, 12:30 PM
yes, i agree, we have this stroller and ended up slinging our baby for the fist few months about 90% of the time too- you forget how tiny they are!

i just layed my second down in the seat with a blanket under her to make it extra soft- she like laying on her side/belly so the snuzzler just got in the way but if yours doesn't mind laying on her back the snuzzler works well. i think a blanket does the trick tho too.

for quick trips you'll probally use your single and you can put your infant car seat in that and have the toddler walk or sling baby and toddler in the stroller- the bjccd is pretty big and heavy to take in/out of the car for something quick. hth!

WatchingThemGrow
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I found the BJCED great for those Dr. visits and such when I needed to hold each kid, one at a time, then to put them both down for scheduling, signing things, etc. Juggling isn't always my idea of fun.

But, for your original question, yes a snuzzler works well. I bought mine 2nd hand and am ready to sell it b/c my DS2 is huge and didn't use it like DS1 did.

jacksmoma
11-08-2009, 12:35 PM
wow a huge double bj would never fit in our doctors offices...i can barely fit my bjcm! i always use the single/sling in our docs offices...

arivecchi
11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I just used a snuzzler on the fully reclined seat of our BJCCD with DS2. Worked great.