PDA

View Full Version : Holy Wow Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter

shawnandangel
11-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I haven't seen a thread on this and I'm wondering, WHY NOT!?

I got some of this on Friday and tried it this morning. WOW! It's awesome! Have any of you other ladies tried it? It's fantastic. I gave it to DD on toast and she was licking the toast! It was hilarious.

TwinFoxes
11-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I haven't seen a thread on this and I'm wondering, WHY NOT!?

I got some of this on Friday and tried it this morning. WOW! It's awesome! Have any of you other ladies tried it? It's fantastic. I gave it to DD on toast and she was licking the toast! It was hilarious.

We are big fans here! I suggested it awhile back to a poster trying to get more fruits and veggies into her dc. We put it in oatmeal, and on waffles. It is packed with vitamin A. I don't even like pumpkin, but this is delish! I have bought extra jars because I know they'll run out soon :).

SnuggleBuggles
11-08-2009, 09:47 AM
It is very yummy!!!

Beth

JMS
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
It's one of my favorites. Since it's seasonal, I stock up :)
Just wanted to add though that I recently tried the cranberry apple butter -- it's yucky!!!

shawnandangel
11-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I have bought extra jars because I know they'll run out soon :).

I was thinking that they might! I want to go back and get some for my family in Ohio that we will be visiting for Thanksgiving. It'll make a great little gift. There is no Trader Joe's by them.

My husband tried it as well and he said "Man, I just can't believe the food quality. I wish Kroger had food this good!"

gobadgers
11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
We are true believers too. YUM! DD and I ate it on toast all through last winter.

Not realizing it was seasonal, I went looking for it in the spring and was sooo dissapointed. I was so excited to see it back last week. I only bought one jar and its already half gone. I'm going to stock up too!

We didnt' like the Apple-Cranberry Butter either. It's probably not bad, but next to Pumpkin Butter it paled. I think it was too tart for us.

eliasmom
11-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I buy a bunch of it every year because I know it is seasonal and I know I will crave it when it is out of season.

Have you tried the pumpkin waffle & pancake mix? We had pumpkin pancakes for dinner last night and they were delish!

brittone2
11-08-2009, 12:37 PM
When DS was little he liked it on toast w/ cream cheese. Good combo fwiw.

♥ms.pacman♥
11-08-2009, 01:51 PM
i absolutely *love* the stuff at Trader Joe's. I've mostly lived in CA and MA, where TJs are everywhere and I had gotten used to a lot of their various unique products. But now I live in TX where there are no Trader Joe's at all. :cry: I don't get why TX is not with the program..TJs is the best..

scmama
11-08-2009, 02:47 PM
We love this stuff. I love TJ's pumpkin bread and muffin mix and use the pumpkin butter instead of oil in the recipe. Not only is it yummy, but super low in fat too. I also use it as a topping on warm cinnamon rolls....... so good!

Corie
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
My husband loves pumpkin butter (& apple butter). I bought some gourmet
brand at our local grocer and he said it was delicious. I'll have to try
the Trader Joe's brand.

gobadgers
11-08-2009, 04:53 PM
OMG I want cinnamon rolls with pumpkin butter now. YUM!

And when I go back to stock up on pumpkin butter I'm going to have to get some of the mix too. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

lizzywednesday
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
The fact that a TJ's has opened nearby is slowly becoming a godsend for me. Minimally processed/non-processed foods, no HFCS, and ingredients I can pronounce = yum.

Also, DH asked me to make a "special" run to TJ's yesterday for their super-premium ice cream.

I'll have to try the pumpkin butter ... it sounds like quite a treat!