PDA

View Full Version : Stationary Play (ie. Exersaucer)

Jackieluv
11-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Does anyone highly reccommend a certain "play station"?? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want decent quality.......

Thanks!

nellonello
11-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't have a specific recommendation but I would recommend craigslist or garage sales as these are always around.

Bella's Mommy
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Our kiddos all LOVED the Jumperoo (way more than the exersaucer)...

zag95
11-08-2009, 09:31 PM
we had an evenflo exersaucer- it was OK- and free from a friend- DD loved it- but she probably would have loved a jumperoo (Fisher price) even more! I agree with PP- go with a craigslist find!

Tondi G
11-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Evenflo exersaucer was well liked by both of my kiddos!

willow33
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
We have an Evenflo exersaucer and really like it. I think some have better toys than others though. My MIL has one and the toys are not much fun IMO. We've never had a jumperoo so I can't compare.

katydid1971
11-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Is there a way for you to try it with your DC first. I got one handed down (luckily) and DS HATED it!!!! I'm glad I didn't pay for it because DS spent maybe 10 minutes total in it, he would scream every time I put him in it.

BayGirl2
11-09-2009, 12:41 AM
I'd go for a jumparoo over an exersaucer too. We have the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Jumparoo, its the one with the farm theme. I put DS in all of the options at BRU and he fit best in this one, the other ones (baby Einstein) seemed too roomy for a skinny kid. The themes are just a matter of preference I guess, the rainforest stuff bugs me and I like the vegetables on ours.

Used is the way to go, I got mine from an 18 month old and it still looks brand new.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I'd have to agree with some of the pp. If there's a way you can 'try' one out (at a friend's maybe?) before buying it that might be a good plan. One of my twins really loves the exesaucer (evenfo one that was fully loaded and I think ~ $100). She really likes all the different toys on it that play music and make noise. The other twin, not so much, he loves the jumper (baby einstein one). I thought that it seemed boing in comparison to all the stuff on the exesaucer, but he's not interested in that stuff anyway. If you put her in the jumper though she seems to get bored with it much quicker.

On another note, to compare jumpers... I didn't notice this when I was buying it, but I like that the baby einstein jumper has four attach points to the frame. DS was using the rainforest one at daycare that only has 3 attach points and it's way more wobbly all over the place when he bounces in it.

catsnkid
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
We have a FP horsey jumparoo which he really loves and the baby einstein stationary one. He likes both but really likes the horse, but I think he gets bored with it faster.