PDA

View Full Version : Earrings for Little Girl?

kmkaull
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi All,
First time poster here.:wavey:
My niece, age 7, is getting her ears pierced. I'd like to get her a decent pair of earrings. Better (much better) quality than Claire's. Anyone know of a good online store for little girls' jewelry? I've considered looking at jewelry stores around town, but with a baby, online shopping is so much easier.

Thanks much!
Katie

Wife_and_mommy
11-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Not sure what you're looking for but I believe Claires has 14k gold. That would be an upgrade from the other metals and less likely to cause an allergic reaction.

You could do some small diamond studs for less than $100 but personally I wouldn't buy them for a kid. You don't want to know how many pairs of earrings I went through as a kid. I wear cz studs that are 14k gold that only $15 or so at Target. I've had about 3 pairs in the last 6 years.

michellerw
11-08-2009, 12:08 PM
I'd be careful about the posts you put in her ears. Make sure they're either 14k gold or surgical steel. I'd actually rec the surgical steel because a lot of kids react to gold. I wore training studs nonstop at her age (ears pierced around 3) until I was about 9, when I started to change my earrings occasionally. You might want to look into some nice training studs with gold or steel posts. The backs on those tend to "lock" on.

BarbieSmith
11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
My girls lose probably one earring every 3 months, each. They wear studs. Just be assured that this *will* happen :) I *do* buy the Claire's kind, even though we can afford a bit better. Because they look great for the first 2-3 months, and by then they have either lost one or it begins to look ratty, and I just toss them. Works for us :)

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Overstock.com has good stuff sometimes.