PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play/Portable Cribs

ryanmom
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
My house has an upstairs and a downstairs so people have recommended that I get a Pack N Play or something similar. I'm having a hard time trying to decide on one though.... and mainly, despite the fact that I usually don't care about this stuff, because they are all so ugly. Why can't they make a gender neutral option that is normal looking? Anyways, is this really necessary and if so, any recommendations for particular ones because all the "extras" options are making my head spin.

SnuggleBuggles
11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
I sure loved having one downstairs. We used it as a changing area and sleeping area when young and an occasional baby cage :) when older. I'd pick one with a bassinet for sure. The changing station is nice to have as well. Of, and the mobile was nice but I wouldn't have that be a deal breaker.

What about this one?
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16609820&RN=7081&

Beth

truly scrumptious
11-08-2009, 05:29 PM
We got ours in Deco, which we felt was pretty neutral.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417594

I second the PP about getting one with a bassinet and changing table. DS basically lived in that thing for the first few months, and it was so nice not to have to run back and forth all day.

shawnandangel
11-08-2009, 10:06 PM
I have a graco pack n play. I love it. DD loves it. It's been great for traveling, nap time, playing, ect. Hers did not have a changing table but did have a bassinet. I don't think the changing table is necessary unless you are very tall.

srhs
11-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Our Chicco one is pretty neutral and blends with our living room colors.

BayGirl2
11-09-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree that most are ugly. We have a nice new house and I really wanted something that would blend in. I considered the Graco "Marlow" model which has faux wood trim, but it seemed really big and expensive just for the nice colors. I ended up with a Summer Infant Natures Purest which is all neutral beige colors. People comment that it looks nice and matches our decor (which is mostly warm browns and creams in that room). The play yard had a lot of mixed reviews but I really like it, we've had no complaints and I'm a fairly picky consumer.

niccig
11-09-2009, 02:12 AM
My DS is 5 yo and the pack n play is the only baby item I have not gotten rid of. We don't have an upstairs, so it wasn't used on a different floor. DS slept in the Pack N Play basinette in our room for the first few months. Then we used the Pack N Play for when we visited someone and needed a crib, or when another child was at our house. We don't have family in town, and we would swap babysitting with other families, so the pack n play got a lot of use when I was babysitting another child and it was nap time or bed time. I'm keeping it for when anyone visits with babies, as it's easy to store in the garage. We've even lent it to work colleagues who had family with a baby visiting. I would get one.

ryanmom
11-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all the advice... much appreciated.