Candy Land
Chutes and Ladders
Memory
Hi Ho Cherry-o
Don't Break the Ice
Ants in the Pants
Don't Spill the Beans
Cootie

If you spend $25 on Hasbro games, you get a $10 gift card.

And, all the above games qualify for a $2/game rebate. You can only do 1 rebate per game, so you have to buy different games. I got the rebate form in the store.

Buy 7 games at $3.99 each for $27.93. Get a $10 gift card and $14 in rebates for a total of $3.93 for 7 games!

We have all these, but I'm buying for our local toy drive.

Other games qualify as well, but cost more.

sewarsh
11-09-2009, 12:08 AM
We have all these, but I'm buying for our local toy drive.

Other games qualify as well, but cost more.

that's a great idea. thanks.

chrisgitch
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
got mine thanks

CCY
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Can I just use 1 rebate form for ALL the games I purchase or do I need 1 rebate form for each game.

TIA !

chrisgitch
11-09-2009, 01:22 PM
You can use one rebate form with a limited rebate total of $69 per household. TRU has the forms or you can get it on line. Check form to make sure you have the right version of games. At my TRU they had several versions of chutes and ladders but only one on the form, but all the memory versions are included.

KrisM
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Here's a link to the rebate form: http://www.hasbro.com/familygamenight/en_US/discover/upload/RevisedHasbroGameNightRebateForm.pdf.

My TRUs have them hanging in the game aisles. Yeah, make sure you get the right versions of things. I was able to get 6 different games and doubled up Candy Land for the 7th. It got me over $25 and I'll still get $12 back in rebates.

kellybelly0513
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
We have most of these too, but such a good deal! I love the idea of donating them!

iaam
11-09-2009, 05:31 PM
What a great deal -- thanks OP! I will head to TRU after work and hopefully will be able to pick up all seven games. I love the idea of using these for toy drives too.

jerigirl
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
FYI- the totals here don't account for tax. But still an AWESOME deal!!! TFS!!!

Seitvonzu
11-09-2009, 08:26 PM
oh my goodness! i'm going to go buy these tomorrow :) what a great deal :)

ckso
11-10-2009, 02:08 AM

Where do they advertise the $10 gift card with $25 Hasbro games? Is it a coupon I need to bring?? This is an awesome deal. My DD is only 13 months so kinda too young for her now but would love to play with her when she's old enough. I remembered liking these games when I was in preschool.

I like the idea of donating some to a toy drive too.

Kitten007
11-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Wow great deal!! Gonna go tomorrow/today (since it is 1:36 am).

PP here is the link on the TRU website that I found!

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3881767

and the ad with the advertised prices and gift card too!

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

KrisM
11-10-2009, 08:00 AM

Where do they advertise the $10 gift card with $25 Hasbro games? Is it a coupon I need to bring?? This is an awesome deal. My DD is only 13 months so kinda too young for her now but would love to play with her when she's old enough. I remembered liking these games when I was in preschool.

I like the idea of donating some to a toy drive too.

It's on the front of this week's ad, top right corner. It's good for any games, not just certain ones (Hasbro brand though).

JTsMom
11-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow, that deal is awesome! Thank you so much Kris. I'm going to donate them too.

hellokitty
11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Have you guys gotten this rebate before? I ask, b/c about 2 yrs ago, I did the rebate and I never got it. I didn't follow up on it, b/c I forgot about it, but I'm wondering if they do a good job on giving ppl their rebates.

KrisM
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Have you guys gotten this rebate before? I ask, b/c about 2 yrs ago, I did the rebate and I never got it. I didn't follow up on it, b/c I forgot about it, but I'm wondering if they do a good job on giving ppl their rebates.

I got mine last year with no problem.

alien_host
11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
I did it maybe two years ago...you got a visa gift card which IMO was a PITA to use (if you ended up with a return). I prefer CASH! ;)

Definitely scan your rebate form and receipt and save it on your PC as proof you sent it.

We are all home sick....I want to got to TRU but have to do it w/out DD or she'll want all the games! I'll be donating most too.

onjbj
11-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Got this from another website called, "Hey It's Free":

If you’re anything like me, most of your board games are missing a few dice or pieces thanks to a passionate family member who launched them across the room after losing a game of Candy Land. Luckily, Toys R Us has a great deal going on through 11/14 where you can get seven different Hasbro games for $0.56 each. To start, each of the following games are currently on sale for $3.99:

Ants in Pants
Candy Land
Chutes and Ladders
Cootie
Don’t Break The Ice
Hi-Ho Cherry-O
Memory
There is a free Toys R Us $10 gift card available when you purchase $25 in Hasbro games, plus there is a $2 Hasbro rebate offer available for all of the games above. So in order to get the cheapest price possible, you could:

Buy all seven $3.99 Hasbro games for $27.93
Receive $10 TRU gift card
Receive $14 Hasbro mail-in rebate
Final price for all seven games is $3.93 or $0.56 per game!

neeleymartin
11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
did you do this? does the reabate limit the amount you can get per household? can you do it online?

thanks. what a great sounding deal.

Got this from another website called, "Hey It's Free":

If you’re anything like me, most of your board games are missing a few dice or pieces thanks to a passionate family member who launched them across the room after losing a game of Candy Land. Luckily, Toys R Us has a great deal going on through 11/14 where you can get seven different Hasbro games for $0.56 each. To start, each of the following games are currently on sale for $3.99:

Ants in Pants
Candy Land
Chutes and Ladders
Cootie
Don’t Break The Ice
Hi-Ho Cherry-O
Memory
There is a free Toys R Us $10 gift card available when you purchase $25 in Hasbro games, plus there is a $2 Hasbro rebate offer available for all of the games above. So in order to get the cheapest price possible, you could:

Buy all seven $3.99 Hasbro games for $27.93
Receive $10 TRU gift card
Receive $14 Hasbro mail-in rebate
Final price for all seven games is $3.93 or $0.56 per game!

ciw
11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
There was another thread posted on this earlier: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=340667&highlight=hasbro

I did this on Sunday. Actually, I bought 8 games at $3.99 each and will get a $16 rebate in addition to the $10 gift cert. The rebate is limited to $60 (I think) per household and you can't purchase more than one of the same game.

There is a rebate form online that you can print out.

dukie41181
11-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I assume you can't use the gift card on this purchase, correct? And do you get the gift card at checkout or do you have to mail away for it?

baymom
11-10-2009, 01:31 PM
You get the gift card at purchase, but can't use it on THAT purchase. I believe it expires on Dec 31st.

mollys_mommy
11-10-2009, 01:31 PM
gift card is received at time of checkout, however it wont activate for i think it says 6 hours after transaction.

be careful, because for the rebate, character versions are NOT applicable (memory being the exception) so dont buy princess chutes and ladders thinking you'll get $2 back on it like i did.

pomegranate
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM
That is an awesome deal. Thanks OP! DS is 2 now so I don't have any of these games. Went to TRU last night and got 8 games. There wasn't much left though. For the rebate, you have to be careful because you can only get the $2/game rebate on the original versions of the games (except for Memory, which you can get the rebate on all versions). So the Spongebob Ants in the Pants won't qualify for the $2 rebate but is on sale for $3.99 and qualifies for the $10 gift card.

Seitvonzu
11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
thanks OP-- we got our 7 games today (and a box of elmo crackers!) :) and i'm going to fill out the rebate form while lu is napping! :) we only have candy land, so i'll donate that one for sure (we got it from our game night group when they threw us a minishower :)-- you know "baby's first game" and all that) i LOVE cooties and don't break the ice!!!! we'll see how many of these DH will let us keep.

greatgreat deal!

mollys_mommy
11-10-2009, 02:41 PM
That is an awesome deal. Thanks OP! DS is 2 now so I don't have any of these games. Went to TRU last night and got 8 games. There wasn't much left though. For the rebate, you have to be careful because you can only get the $2/game rebate on the original versions of the games (except for Memory, which you can get the rebate on all versions). So the Spongebob Ants in the Pants won't qualify for the $2 rebate but is on sale for $3.99 and qualifies for the $10 gift card.

ymmv on that, spongebob ants in the pants was NOT on sale in manchester, ct. it was full price. the cashier told me "its because it was on sale last week" LOL. i just grabbed a diff version of it.

MMEand1
11-10-2009, 03:10 PM
We just got back and out TRU was WIPED out off all the games except Memory and CandyLand. I mean, the shelves were totally empty! I asked about a rain check and was told no, but that there is another truck coming in on Thursday to our store...will try again!

sewarsh
11-10-2009, 03:16 PM
We just got back and out TRU was WIPED out off all the games except Memory and CandyLand. I mean, the shelves were totally empty! I asked about a rain check and was told no, but that there is another truck coming in on Thursday to our store...will try again!

oh man! i'm starting to panic ours will be out too!! I just told DD after she takes a nice nap we'll go to the angel tree at YMCA and then to toy store to buy toys for the less fortunate. i'll be sad if it doesn't work out.

Jo..
11-10-2009, 03:54 PM
This is an insane deal. I fought myself over whether or not to get it, because we have too many toys, then finally compromised with myself that I would do it, get 7 games, keep 3, and donate 4.

My closest TRU was cleaned out, they only had a couple Candy Lands and Chutes and Ladders.

So I went to the next closest one, got horribly lost (the dang GPS took me to the right street in the wrong town)! They were less picked over but still sparse. But then we asked an employee, and they restocked ALL the games while we women stood around like vultures.

I wound up with Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Don't Spill the Beans, Don't Break the Ice, Cootie, Hi Ho Cherrio, and Memory for $28. Less gift card and rebate, grand total of $4 (with tax it was closer to $6.50). Less than a buck a game. I love a deal like that, and am just GIDDY.

vonfirmath
11-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I went and researched (since we wanted these games for ourselves, not to give away) and decided even for thatcheap a price it was not worth the space it took up. I'll get Candyland and maybe Chutes and Ladders and be satisfied at $2/game. The Cooties game is evidently much worse quality than when I was growing up and the rest... I have other games that fit their niches.

Jo..
11-10-2009, 05:14 PM
OMG. Cootie was MY FAVORITE game as a kid. This was my #1 must have. As soon as DS wakes up from his nap, I am making him play it with me. :ROTFLMAO:

srkaplan
11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know if I can do this deal & get the $10 gift card and also use the coupon for a $10 gift card when you spend $75 (Obviously I'd be buying additinal items to bring my total to $75)...so essentially getting two $10 gift cards?

sewarsh
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Running VERY low at King of Prussia TRU (no chutes & ladders) but was able to get the other 7 and donated 1 already in the box for toys for tots in the store. thanks again.

KrisM
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know if I can do this deal & get the $10 gift card and also use the coupon for a $10 gift card when you spend $75 (Obviously I'd be buying additinal items to bring my total to $75)...so essentially getting two $10 gift cards?

Yes, I did that with no problems! My total was $80 with tax and I got 2 gift cards.

alien_host
11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm telling myself I don't need to get these because I still have Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders and Ants in the Pants in the basement from when I did the rebate 2 years ago! It is such a good deal, but I'm procrastinating. ;)

I was going to get them to donate at DH's work for a toy drive but I'm feeling lazy!

QueenBee
11-10-2009, 07:54 PM
We bought several of the games. I'm going to bundle them up and add a box of microwave popcorn and a GC for pizza and donate it to the school auction for an "Instant Family Game Night".

Beth

DrSally
11-10-2009, 11:09 PM
If I can make it there, this would be totally awesome to donate.

SmileMommy
11-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Went to TRU in San Diego today....Morena Blvd had six of the seven $3.99games that were elegible for the rebate (bought a 2nd Memory game for the 7th item)....so $30.23 total. They automatically scanned a $10 gift card & I'll submit the rebate for 6 items x2 =$12. $30.23-10 gift card - 12 rebate = $8.23.

After everything said & done, $8.23 for 7 games isn't too bad!

MMMommy
11-11-2009, 12:28 AM
I picked up the original Scrabble game for $9.99 on sale today at TRU. $3 mail-in rebate, so it will end up being $6.99 plux tax. Original TRU price is about $15 or $16, so a pretty good deal!

Junior Scrabble is on sale for $7.99, but I don't think there is a rebate for that one. I figured, might as well get the original instead.

ljackson
11-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks so much for posting this - I have games for DD, games for gifts and games to donate.

jvs195
11-11-2009, 09:45 AM
This is a great deal. I'm trying to fill out my rebate form and notice that my TRU receipt lists Cootie, Don't Spill the Beans, Don't Break the Ice and Ants in the pants all as "Cootie Game" but with different SKU. Do you think I'll have a problem with the rebate? Anyone else have this issue? I guess I can include a note, but would anyone actually read it?

kellybelly0513
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Hmm, I don't know. I will have to check my reciept and see what it says, I have not even looked at it yet.

iaam
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
This is a great deal. I'm trying to fill out my rebate form and notice that my TRU receipt lists Cootie, Don't Spill the Beans, Don't Break the Ice and Ants in the pants all as "Cootie Game" but with different SKU. Do you think I'll have a problem with the rebate? Anyone else have this issue? I guess I can include a note, but would anyone actually read it?

There won't be a problem, as long as the receipt lists the different SKUs. I was at TRU yesterday and asked the CSR.

scmama
11-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks again for posting this. We went last night and stocked up :)

sail731
11-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I know that you can buy different versions of memory, but was wondering if you bought 2 different versions could you submit the rebate for $4 back ($2 for each game). Rebate did not seem clear about it. Asked at the store and got mixed responses. Any one know or have done this in past years rebates?

Momit
11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Great deal, thanks! Suggested to DS's grandparents that they get these to keep on hand for when we visit.

PAfirsttimemom
11-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Anyone know if these games are still well stocked? May consider going, but TRU is about 1/2 hour away. Hate to waste the trip.

poppy
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I would call in advance. They were well stocked yesterday at my TRU but the day before, they had almost nothing.

Thanks OP, this was a great deal. I got 5 games for 5 dollars. I got one game that was 10 bucks--Connect Four.

Looking at the rebate, it appears you can get more than one game of memory but only get one rebate of $2 per household. If you have another address, you can get another memory and get another $2 rebate.

salsah
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Great deal, thanks! Suggested to DS's grandparents that they get these to keep on hand for when we visit.

good idea! i didn't think to do that. although i am not sure that i want to fill out 7 rebate forms for $2 each.

jerigirl
11-12-2009, 07:33 PM
although i am not sure that i want to fill out 7 rebate forms for $2 each.
I believe it is 1 form for up to $69 in rebates.

KrisM
11-12-2009, 07:44 PM
good idea! i didn't think to do that. although i am not sure that i want to fill out 7 rebate forms for $2 each.

Only 1 rebate form. There is a list of games that qualify for either $2 or $3 rebate.

eska
11-13-2009, 07:22 PM
My trip to TRU was so frustrating today. They had nothing but Candy Land and one box of Memory game. I searched around, I asked the cashier, finally went to customer service. They were so rude to me. The first two women there said they had to leave but that someone would be right there to help me. The woman who came to help me said they had nothing in stock anymore, but could check another store, then was on the phone forever with the other store. I finally decided that it wasn't worth my time to stand there and wait... so when I told the customer service person that I was leaving, she got all pissy with me.

It is a great deal, but not worth the frustration.

alien_host
11-13-2009, 07:37 PM
last night i picked up:

Candy Land
Chuttes and Ladders
Cootie
Memory
Boggle Jr (no rebate but $7.99)
Connect 4 ($9.99 with $3 rebate)

They only had the 4 cheap games in-stock, as far as I could tell. It ends up being $13 for 6 games which still isn't bad. I wanted Boggle Jr. for DD so I guess it works out OK for me. The others will go to toy drives since whe have them already.

Alice523
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! DS and I were really in need of some new activities to do together. I thought he was going to burst with excitement when we played Don't Spill the Beans! ;) It was so much fun.

PAfirsttimemom
11-14-2009, 01:53 AM
My Christmas shopping is well under way now, thanks to reading this forum. Stocked up on games at TRU tonight. I would have made out really well had I stuck to the cheapies, but I couldn't resist the classics Trouble and Connect 4 ($12.99 and $9.99 respectively before rebates), as well as Boggle Jr. and Scrabble Jr. ($7.99 but no rebates). Others I got are Cootie, Don't Break the Ice, Hi Ho Cherry O, Pooh character Memory Game, CandyLand, and Chutes and Ladders. Ten games for $34.90 after rebates, or $3.49 per game. Not bad considering I also bought another game for $15 (Richard Scarry's Busytown Eye Found It game) because I thought it looked like one DS would find fun. I may do some returning, but we'll see...I can give some as gifts, donate others, and save a few for DS's birthday in March. Now where the heck will we put all these games? We need more playroom storage! :)

maydaymommy
11-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Is this deal done?

jerigirl
11-18-2009, 12:02 PM
The games went off sale 11/14 but I the rebate is still valid thru 1/31/10