PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance Question MA..call my co or not?

jacksmomtobe
11-09-2009, 12:40 AM
I was involved in a minor fender bender. A car two cars behind me hit the car behind me as the driver was looking down at her coffee and didn't realize everyone had stopped. She hit the car behind me which then subsequently bumped the middle car into me. I was stopped as it was bumper to bumper slow moving traffic. It was a solid bump but there was no damage to my car or to the front bumper of the car behind me. Normally I would have driven off after determining everyone was ok but in this case the passenger in the middle car called 911 as she was concerned for the driver in her car, an older woman who bumped her head on the windshield and orig felt funny. The police, etc came looked at everything took down everyone's info. There was only one very tiny dent in the back of the middle car and luckily everyone felt fine by the time the police came. The police basically implied that due to the very minor damage that no one needed to call their insurance company. However someone did call their insurance. I believe it's the owner of the middle car (who was the driver's mother). They called me and I confirmed no damage verbally. I've since received some paperwork in the mail looking for accident details. Sorry for the long description but my question is do I need to call my insurance company? I do not plan on filling any claims or looking for any money related to this as there was no damage to my car or any damage to the car behind me's front bumper.

Thanks!

TwinFoxes
11-09-2009, 06:46 AM
I can't imagine any good would come from calling them. JMHO.

wellyes
11-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't. No damage & not your fault.

ett
11-09-2009, 09:44 AM
No need to call them.