PDA

View Full Version : What are the pre-symptoms of H1N1?

Piglet
11-09-2009, 01:11 AM
DS1 spent the day feeling sorry for himself - he was tired and mopey and kept complaining that he didn't feel "normal" I have no idea what is up with him, but he has no fever, no specific symptoms, etc. He did nap this morning which was not typical, but so did I and I feel fine. Sometimes he gets into these moods of feeling sorry for himself and that is worse than the actual malady - like he will complain and complain about a headache but when he gets distracted he runs around and is totally fine! My problem is that DH and I are booked for a short vacation this week. DS1 might be acting out because we are leaving or he might be getting sick and I wouldn't be able to go away if he were actually sick!

MommyAllison
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
There was no warning for us. She was totally fine, happy, and running around until the fever started.

alexsmommy
11-09-2009, 01:37 PM
None. DS1's school nurse took his temp at 1:45p (he wet his pants - unheard of, so I knew something was up but nurse said he was fine and just needed new clothes). He was sent back to class in loaner pants, and fell asleep on his desk. Teacher knew something was up and walked him back down to the nurse herself and requested his temp be taken at 2:00p. Had spiked fever of 102.4 in that amount of time. He had been fine at school until about 1pm when his teacher said he wasn't his "usual happy go lucky self" but was participating until his accident.

geochick
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
1. Sore throat for a day.
2. Cough the next day...fever by the end of this day.