PDA

View Full Version : Volume has gone way down on Ipod

DeeEast
11-09-2009, 02:09 AM
and neither DH nor I can fix it. I really need to listen to my music right now and this is driving me crazy. There is some volume, but its very low. I have turned the mastor volume up the entire way. Then the volume on each song, nothing.

Reset the Ipod on the unit itself and that didn't help. Went to Itunes and reset the entire unit, losing all of my music content and THAT didn't help. Do I have to take this thing to an Apple store?

Piglet
11-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Could there be something stuck inside the headphone jack? I have had the problem with other electronics that the headphone cord didn't work - it might be the headphones not the iPod. Maybe blow into the jack or try a different pair of headphones.

TwinFoxes
11-09-2009, 08:15 AM
It might be the headphones not the iPod... try a different pair of headphones.

:yeahthat: My iPhone suddenly stopped playing in stereo. It was actually the headphones. Works fine with another pair.

If that doesn't work, there is a setting called "volume limit" is that turned on?

DeeEast
11-09-2009, 09:04 AM
:yeahthat: My iPhone suddenly stopped playing in stereo. It was actually the headphones. Works fine with another pair.

If that doesn't work, there is a setting called "volume limit" is that turned on?

Yes, I've turned the volume limit all of the way up. Both before and after resetting it.