PDA

View Full Version : Store brand diapers - BJ's or Target - better deal?

ang79
11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
We used to use the BJ's brand diapers and really liked them. They wear well on my girls and are way cheaper than Pampers or Luvs. My membership expired though so I then tried out the Up and Up brand at Target and have been liking those. I just saw there is a free 60 day membership for BJ's right now, wasn't sure if I should get back in there and stock up on some diapers or if the Target brand is a better deal. Anyone know?

sewarsh
11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
i never used target, but LOVE Bjs. and they are SO cheap!

klwa
11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
BJ's are MUCH better diapers. I think pricewise the Target ones are slightly cheaper, but I never had great luck with them.

Jo..
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
We don't have a BJ's near here so have never tried them. But bought Target dipes twice, and both times gave my DD a terrible rash within 24 hours. (I didn't know if it was the dipes or coincidence the first time, so I tried them again).

They are fine on DS (no rash).

But I would not buy them again.

mamaAnn
11-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Never tried BJs-what is it?
But I do not like the new Up and Up Target dipes-they leak and don't fit as well as other generics we've tried.

MoeJoe
11-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I had been getting BJs brand and was okay with the quality and the price, but then someone told me to try Target and I like it so much better! Maybe the quality is the same, but I like that there is less padding to make the baby's behind not look huge. Especially since he has such a cute tiny one!:love-retry:

LexyLou
11-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Both BJ's and Coscto brand diapers are really good but I HATE Target diapers. Holy moly, those things leak. I have a giant box of them that I'm giving away because I can't use them.

ang79
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Interesting takes on the Target diapers! I didn't like them when I tried them on DD1 two years ago and also when I tried them on DD2 last winter. They leaked on both girls. But I have lots of friends that use them exclusively, so I decided to give them a try after they re-did everything to the Up and Up brand (had coupons to use on them so figured it was worth a shot). Now that DD2 is in sz 3's I haven't had any problems with them. And I go to Target much more frequently than I would to BJ's so its easier to pick them up when I need them (and I've also been getting coupons in the mail for them). But if the BJ's ones are a better deal, I can go back and stock up with this free trial membership. I'm pretty sure they were $24.99 a box, just can't remember how many were in those big boxes!

sewarsh
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Interesting takes on the Target diapers! I didn't like them when I tried them on DD1 two years ago and also when I tried them on DD2 last winter. They leaked on both girls. But I have lots of friends that use them exclusively, so I decided to give them a try after they re-did everything to the Up and Up brand (had coupons to use on them so figured it was worth a shot). Now that DD2 is in sz 3's I haven't had any problems with them. And I go to Target much more frequently than I would to BJ's so its easier to pick them up when I need them (and I've also been getting coupons in the mail for them). But if the BJ's ones are a better deal, I can go back and stock up with this free trial membership. I'm pretty sure they were $24.99 a box, just can't remember how many were in those big boxes!

just checked our boxes - 174 in size 3, 156 - size 4 & 104 size 6. yes, all $25 a box. BIG fan. use these exclusively after newborns grow out of Swaddlers size 1.

ang79
11-10-2009, 03:52 PM
just checked our boxes - 174 in size 3, 156 - size 4 & 104 size 6. yes, all $25 a box. BIG fan. use these exclusively after newborns grow out of Swaddlers size 1.

Thanks! Did the math and the are pretty much the same amount per diaper, 14 cents (for size 3 diapers). But if I use coupons for the Target ones, then I guess those are a better deal. And easier to get, so I'll just hold off on the BJ's membership until my Sam's one expires, as I prefer BJ's over Sam's and don't really need to have both!

pastrygirl
11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm really impressed with the Up and Up diapers. I think they run really big, though. My baby is one size higher in all other brands than he is in Up and Up. At 14 pounds, he's only starting to outgrow the size 1, which supposedly only goes up to 10 pounds. I just started size 2 today in Up and Up, but size 3 in Walgreen's. I really like both those brands, actually. They contain poop explosions really, really well!