PDA

View Full Version : Advent Calendar Ideas

neeter
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
I've love to assemble a bunch of ideas for use in our Advent calendar this year. We like to do a mix of crafts/activities (esp on weekends) as well as little treats. Thanks so much!!

kristenk
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
This thread from last week might help: :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=340154&highlight=advent

belovedgandp
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a box Advent calendar that has doors hiding small compartments for each day. This year the boys are getting a small animal or dinosaur in each box. One year I had pieces of a car built out of blocks each day.

I also do a book each day. Just ordered about a dozen from Scholastic. I mix in the Kohl's books I pick up through the year and I can still get away with digging through their bookshelf in October and pulling a couple out that haven't been read for a while to re-gift them.

ourbabygirl
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Update: I bought one of the wooden door type ones today at Joann's (Michael's doesn't have any, I guess). They have many different styles- snowman, Santa I think, a house, a nativity scene (the one I bought), and one or two others. They're all $49.99, but 40% off (as is most/ all of their Christmas stuff, I think) until the 14th. Excited I found one! Now I'm going to print off the list I typed off and put the little strips of paper listing each activity in each little box.