PDA

View Full Version : Value Resort for Family of 5?

nightbird1103
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Hello. I'm new to all of this and I tried to get a ballpark price for a WDW vacation for us. I tried to click on a value resort, but it kept putting us in Wilderness Lodge, which I guess is a moderate level.
I also came across some threads on mousesaver about renting DVC points.
Essentially, I wanted to get the smallest room possible because I don't anticipate spending much time there, and don't want to break the bank on accommodations. My kids will be 4, 4, and 6 at the time of our trip- we're looking at one of our school vacations in 2010.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

klwa
11-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I know one of the others will correct me if I'm wrong, but, here goes:

For a family of 5, you can't get a single room at a value. You can get 2 rooms or one of the family suites, however. The only moderate to allow 5 is Port Orleans Riverside. This would probably be your cheapest bet, especially if any deal are running. (Deals have been better for mods & deluxes than for values recently, eg, buy 4 get 3 free for M&D compared to buy 5 get 2 free for values.) Otherwise, you can go to one of the Fort Wilderness cabins or a deluxe. WL is a deluxe.

egoldber
11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
WL and AKL are the "budget" deluxes.

The PP is correct. A family with 3 children, when all are over age 2, cannot stay in a single Value resort room except for the suites at one of the All Stars. You can get two connecting rooms at a Value. You can stay at Port Orleans Riverside, or you can stay at a Deluxe of some level.

WatchingThemGrow
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last week for just one night for $109. I thought it was a good deal, booked over the phone. I just kept asking if there was anything less expensive but still pretty nice. They have trundles in the Alligator Bayou rooms(IIRC). It was nice IMO. I've never stayed at a Value resort, only at some moderates and Grand Floridian.