PDA

View Full Version : Question for Starlight Swing Owners

mbee85
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi,
My daughter is already 2 months old (probably around 12 lbs.) and I love the FP Starlight swing, but am afraid she won't get enough use out of it before outgrowing it. If you own this swing, could you tell me how long your little one fit into it? Thank you!!

catpagmo
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
My DS is 8 months old, and he still uses his FP Little Lamb swing. It's a FP Papasan swing, which I think is the same as the Starlight swing. I'm not sure how much longer he will fit, but we still use it daily. Love it!

eml569
11-10-2009, 12:20 AM
My kiddo wasn't a fan of the swing until he hit around 9 weeks. Then once he hit 5 1/2 months, he wasn't really interested in it anymore. It became more of a hazard than anything else because he was trying to sit up and grab the toys. So for those 11-ish weeks, he had a great time in it. But now it takes up space :) He's now 7 months and still less than 20 lbs, so weight-wise we could still be using it. But it just isn't safe developmentally anymore.

HannaAddict
11-10-2009, 02:03 AM
It is the same thing as the Papasan, correct? Just different toys, color? Mine used the FP Papasan swing to take naps in almost EVERY day until she was a year old! It was a miracle worker, sanity saver, etc. I had it set up right in between the living and dining room and it didn't need to be super dark (just not in the sun) and she would snooze comfortably for her nap. As she got older and bigger, and it creaked a bit sometimes as she swung, I checked the directions and I think it said 25 lbs, whew, she was under the weight limit. It was a workhorse and I passed it on to a friend after she actually started to sleep in her crib for naptime. She never really played in it or wanted to hang out in it much if awake, it was the snooze machine. She didn't like it as an infant, but after a few months (4 months?) it was great. We got our money's worth!

ThreeofUs
11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I think the weight limit is 25 lbs. You just don't want your DC to climb out of it, so when they get active, it's time for the swing to move on.

Here's the FP page:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=demo&pid=38822