PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing outfits for Christmas photos/cards +

bekkalu
11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi, I am kind of new to these boards but was hoping for some helpful ideas on figuring out clothes for Christmas photos. I have a 4 y/o DS, a 2.5 y/o DD and a 6 month-old DD. I want my girls to wear dresses and bought a few dresses from Target to try on my older DD, and I liked this one: http://www.target.com/Toddler-Girls-Cherokee-Flocked-Dress/dp/B002LJ5LSO/ref=br_1_15?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=2233107011&node=2233107011&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=2&searchSize=30&id=Toddler%20Girls%20Cherokee%20Flocked%20Dress

Trouble is, the dress does not come in infant sizes (starts at 12 mos) so I don't know what I'd put my baby in OR my son for that matter.

Should I keep looking for matching dresses for the girls instead or do you think I could make something work with this dress?

I really kind of want to do a "dressy look" for the kids, rather than casual.

TwinFoxes
11-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I think matchy-matchy can look a little dated. That being said, I think with that dress you chose it will be hard to find a complementary color. It's lovely, but not that common, or easy to complement. A silver dress might work for your younger daughter. I'm trying to think what would work for your soon...maybe gray pants, and a white shirt?

randomkid
11-09-2009, 08:55 PM
If you are thinking of doing photo cards, you may want to look at card designs before you decide to go with a non-traditional color. Last year, I had this great idea to put the girls in blue. DD had a blue and brown dress, but I couldn't find anything blue that was suitable for my teenage stepdaughters. I ended up putting them in jeans and brown sweaters. The picture was very nice (more casual than you are wanting, obviously), but I had a really difficult time finding a card that looked right. I finally found a brown card that looked grood with the photo, but it would not have been my first choice, but was truly my only option. You may want to look at cards before you decide which outfit to use. This year, DD is wearing a red dress and my stepdaughters are wearing black. Not too exciting, I know, but I don't want a repeat of last year!