PDA

View Full Version : Arms Reach Co Sleeper vs. Eddie Bauer Bassinet

aac
11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Anyone have any advice on purchasing the Arms Reach Co-sleeper vs. the Eddie Bauer Bassinet?

The purpose for the purchase is really because my bedroom is too small for a crib/PNP and I would like to have the new baby in the bedroom with me for the first couple of months. I do not mind getting up to get the baby for nursing in the middle of the night, so don't really view the co-sleeper feature as an advantage. Just trying to compare the two as beds/sleeping places for the baby.

Also - do they sell extra sheets/linens for either?

Thanks for the help!

Momof3Labs
11-09-2009, 07:25 PM
The Arms Reach co-sleeper is the same size (footprint) as a pack n play. You can get extra sheets for it from the company, or use PNP sheets. It will last a lot longer than the bassinet (more space, plus higher weight limit).

The mini co-sleeper is probably more comparable to the bassinet in footprint, longevity, etc.

aac
11-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the reply - actually, am comparing the Arms Reach Mini to the Eddie Bauer (I didn't realize there was a regular size co-sleeper as well).

FooMama
11-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Have you thought about a travel-size PNP? I think that's what I'm going to do because it is more portable than the other options, and has more features. Just a thought. :)

gobadgers
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Not that you asked, but I'll throw a third choice out there. Instead, we bought an extra changing pad (with the countoured sides) and put it in the middle of the bed. DS slept there until he was ~3 months old, at which point it was time for a real crib. Everyone had their own personal space, but it was much cheaper and took up zero space in our bedroom.

We have a king bed and there was still plenty of room. Not sure if it would work with a queen or full.

We still had a bassinet from DD a couple years ago, and I set it up next to our bed thinking we would use it at first. I ended up storing blankets in it :loveeyes:

Good luck!