PDA

View Full Version : Preorder BJ City Select

emmasrun
11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Has anyone preordered the BJ City Select? Where did you order it from? Any online retailer with free return in case child doesn't like it? Any thoughts?

atlbkk03
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Is this a reversible stroller? How much will it cost?

lareigna
11-10-2009, 11:12 AM
It is $599 and it looks alot like the Bugaboo except it has the double stroller option.
You can preorder from pishposh baby.

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/baby-jogger-city-select.html

They have the video demonstration on Youtube, so you can see everything that it does.

PRmommy
11-10-2009, 11:37 AM
It is $599 and it looks alot like the Bugaboo except it has the double stroller option.
You can preorder from pishposh baby.

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/baby-jogger-city-select.html

They have the video demonstration on Youtube, so you can see everything that it does.

It's actually $499 on the website.

btw, I love your name. :)
A very good friend of mine and our wedding photograher both share the same name.

lareigna
11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
It's actually $499 on the website.

btw, I love your name. :)
A very good friend of mine and our wedding photograher both share the same name.

My bad, I knew it was something like that.

Lareigna isn't my real name though but thanks!. It's supposed to be la reina but everytime I sign up some where for a username, it's taken.:bouncy:

PRmommy
11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
My bad, I knew it was something like that.

Lareigna isn't my real name though but thanks!. It's supposed to be la reina but everytime I sign up some where for a username, it's taken.:bouncy:

Sorry, I meant Allegra - your daughters name. That's what i get for typing too fast. ;)
But La Reina is nice as well. :)

emmasrun
11-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Tangent.....
Would anyone recommend pre-ordering it? Has anyone every ordered a stroller without seeing it in person first?

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Tangent.....
Would anyone recommend pre-ordering it? Has anyone every ordered a stroller without seeing it in person first?

I did! The BJCED. I'd seen an earlier model, but the Elite was totally new, redesigned. I called and quizzed BJ cust. service to make sure it was the right choice for us. It was. In general, though, I wouldn't do it. Maybe somewhere with return shipping insurance???

GraceH
11-11-2009, 02:34 AM
In general, though, I wouldn't do it. Maybe somewhere with return shipping insurance???

:yeahthat: ...especially given the BJ wheel capers as of late. :shake:

PRmommy
11-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I wouldn't pre-order simply b/c I'd want to test it out in person first.
Plus, I wouldn't count that pishposh will even have them in December. If I recall stuff i read on the Select from the ABC show had a time frame of anywhere from Nov to January, depending on who wrote it. I bet they aren't available until next year.

jacksmoma
11-11-2009, 05:49 PM
I would not pre-order it simply b/c it is such a new different stroller that I would NEED to push it first in person! Also keep in mind that there are probally some kinks in it that will be worked out by the 2011 model (the seat for one looks really short). For the same price (at least as the select as a double) you can get a bjced which has two huge tall seats and hoods....

PeppyParents
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi,

Totally understand about wanting some hands-on first!

Regarding City Select availability -- according to latest from Baby Jogger, they're still on track for arriving to the first dealers by late December. Baby Jogger has completely sold out of the BJ City Select to the early-ordering dealers, so not all retailers will get them in December.

FWIW, it's likely that many dealers will pre-sell their entire December allotment. Next shipment on City Selects from Baby Jogger will come in February, at which time everyone should be stocked.

Hope that's helpful info!

WatchingThemGrow
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Regarding City Select availability -- according to latest from Baby Jogger, they're still on track for arriving to the first dealers by late December. Baby Jogger has completely sold out of the BJ City Select to the early-ordering dealers, so not all retailers will get them in December.

FWIW, it's likely that many dealers will pre-sell their entire December allotment. Next shipment on City Selects from Baby Jogger will come in February, at which time everyone should be stocked.

Hope that's helpful info!
Just FYI - this was the same case in Dec 2007. My retailer (a friend) forgot to order mine, did it in late October, maybe in Nov when he got our birth announcement. The BJCED was supposed to ship out for "our batch of orders" in Feb. It arrived in late Dec. because...even though the first retailers had their orders in, they had outstanding balances. BJ wouldn't ship to those retailers and moved on to the companies who were paid up (like my friend's shop). Not sure if it WILL happen, but it isn't totally out of the question to get one in Dec. if you haven't preordered.