PDA

View Full Version : Please, tell me to stay strong against Zhu Zhu's!!!

veronica
11-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I am totally scared that DD will "discover" these critters through school or friends. With her birthday and the holiday's fast approaching, I am getting flashbacks of my mom standing in Kmart at midnight for a bluelight special on CPK!

I checked our walmart and they had only 6 on sunday that sold in the first few minutes of opening (I came 40 minutes too late). There is no other B&M store near me that may have them so I have to check WM as much as possible......

anyone else caving into this new "hot" toy?

jayali
11-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Stay strong. They are useless. Hard not cuddly rat looking objects. I am so glad that we didn't get any of the accessories. When I saw how much they cost I almost choked. We have also been experiencing problems with our on and off since we bought it and it definitely isn't from over use. My son had to have the darn thing. Saved his money for it and now hardly plays with it. Hate the little critters!

ohiomom1121
11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
My DD saw a commercial and that's all she's talked about for her birthday. My DH was able to get a set at Walmart early one Saturday morning, now I'm looking for some accessory pieces. My friend found her a funhouse too. I refuse to pay any of the craigslist or ebay ridiculous prices so she'll get whatever we find in the store. They are cute...very hard to resist. So much better than the REAL animals she wanted! I kind of enjoy the hunt though...
ETA: I remember my mom standing in a huge line at Children's Palace toy store for a Cabbage Patch Kid as well!

KrisM
11-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I've heard reports of the wheels getting tangled in hair. I know that would happen here!

infomama
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
My MIL is big on buying 'hot crap' or 'the latest total junk' (as I call it) for our DDs. Hope she sticks to the (requested) printed list I am providing her and doesn't buy these.

ellies mom
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm just been telling my daughter "no" whenever she asks. I have only seen one of the tunnels in the stores so I haven't had to deal with any on the spot requests (I'm still saying no).

Not about this toy specifically, but stressing out about trying to find the season's "hot toy" in general, I'm not doing it. If it is something I don't mind buying, then I will tell my children that we will get it after Christmas when they restock. If some relative wants to get up at 4am and stand in the freezing cold to get a toy, well more power to them but that's not for me.

AnnieW625
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
DD has mentioned them too, but she isn't getting them for Christmas and thank fully her birthday is in April so if she still wants them then I might think about it because there won't be a rush on them.