PDA

View Full Version : Cute stuff to do/see near Fairfax, VA?

Seitvonzu
11-10-2009, 09:32 AM
My hubby has a work trip coming up at the end of the week (over the weekend) to fairfax, va and I was thinking of driving down over the weekend for an adventure. he'll mostly be working in the day, so Lucy&I would be exploring on our own. i'd be most motivating by cute restaurants/shopping/fun kid stuff (more the shopping and eating though, my toddler tolerates that stuff pretty well)

any cute towns near fairfax that we could explore? i've been searching fairfax itself and it doesn't seem quirky enough ;) we live in suburban maryland- so i'm looking for small towns with charm :) i thought maybe some virginia locals would have some recommendations!

thanks in advance!

MamaMolly
11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
If it is shopping you want then I'd head to Dulles Town Center. Big mall, merry-do-round ($1 or $2) and an indoor train for the little ones, also the same $ per ride. Can't be beat on a rainy day. If you love name brands head over to Tyson's Corner. There are 2 malls, basically side by side but not really walking distance due to the layout of the roads. The Galleria has Hanna, Janie and Jack, Pumpkin Patch, Gymboree, TCP, and more. Then go to the other mall for the $$$$$$$$ stores like Chanel and Oilily.

If you want fun and quirky walking area then go to Old Town Alexandria. Actually, it may be Old Towne. With the e. Ha! But the arts and crafts at the old Artillery Factory are wonderful, and you will be spoiled for neat shops through out town. Not very stroller friendly, remember these are buildings that George Washington and his cronies poked about in, so think tiny doors and big stoops.

Other fun places for kids are Mount Vernon (maybe better for older ones, but little ones can run and play), Frying Pan Farm Park (free entry!) and the Reston Zoo. You have to pay to go to the Reston Zoo but the kids can buy a cup of animal feed and give it to goats, pigs, chickens, sheep, geese, camels, bunnies, etc.

Have fun!

egoldber
11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Where is he going to be? In Fairfax City? Or just Fairfax area. It's weird in that any address in an unincorporated area of Fairfax County has a Fairfax address, not just those who live in the city of Fairfax. :dizzy:

Fairfax County is basically just one big suburban sprawl. ;)

ETA: Fairfax city is only 10 miles from DC, so you have all of DC available as well.

Mt Vernon is fun, but I think it is better for 6+. How old are your kids?

TonFirst
11-10-2009, 10:13 AM
What about the Occoquan area? We always drive by it when we head towards my in-laws in Burke on 123 and it looks super-cute: http://www.occoquan.com/. Otherwise, Old Town(e) is a great recommendation. If you want to head towards Dulles/Loudon, we LOVE the Air & Space annex out there ("annex" is a huge understatement.)

Seitvonzu
11-10-2009, 10:29 AM
hrm..i was hoping to avoid DC metro because we go their quite a bit (friends live there) and i didn't want to drive/park in the area...that's why i was thinking of a "quaint virginia town!"

the shopping sounds good though-- we love browsing at clothes even if we don't buy and i've never been to a hanna store :)

thanks for the suggestions :) i really do appreciate it!

egoldber
11-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Fairfax is very much the DC metro area, not a quaint Virginia town. ;)

MamaMolly
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
If you want to head towards Dulles/Loudon, we LOVE the Air & Space annex out there ("annex" is a huge understatement.)

Oh yeah! The Udvar Hazy one! I love that name. So much fun to say. :) They even have a Space Shuttle! We took DD at 2.5 and she liked it. The ramps make it accessable with a stroller, too.

egoldber
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
FYI, Udvar Hazy is not good if you have a fear of heights or falling. :o

mominmarch
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I grew up in Mount Vernon and I had to laugh at the suggestion that Fairfax County might have some aspects of a quaint Virginia town. Yes, 40 years ago when I was a tot. But now, suburban sprawl is what it all is. We go up there to Fairfax for most holidays (both Fairfax City, off of 123, and Loudon County, where most of our siblings live) and the traffic drives me bonkers!

Saying that, Middleburg VA is one of my favorite places. It takes about 30 minutes, West on Route 50, from Fair Oaks mall depending on traffic. It is very much a quaint Va. town. That being said, not much for kids to do, and the stores are really fun. Another thing that we have done up there with the kids is apple picking, but the season might be just about over for that. I love love love Olde Towne (having grown up just south of there) too and all the sites PP mentioned around there, but that might be what you are used to already being just across the Potomac in MD.

michellerw
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I would totally go to Udvar-Hazy. Fairfax is NOT a small town by any means. I work in Fairfax and it's the land of the big box stores, so come so Kohl's, TRU, Whole Foods, etc.!

Seriously, you might want to drive over to Mount Vernon or out to Gunston Hall. There's a lot of good Virginia stuff around here, but it's nestled in suburbia, so you have to look for it.

MissM'sMom
11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes, Fairfax is really just one big suburb of DC. All the suggestions above are good.

Depending on the weather, you could try Clemyjontri Park, which is a huge park with a carousel.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/PARKS/CLEMYJONTRI/

mommylamb
11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
One word: Clemyjontri http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/clemyjontri/playground.htm

It is the coolest playground in the world for kids. It's all universal design, so it's made for anyone of any age or ability. It's beautiful. Really, you have to go.

ETA: Ha Ha... Clearly I didn't look at MissM'sMom's post right above mine. A big:yeahthat: to her.

HIU8
11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I have heard that Clemyjontri is supposed to be fabulous. We have not been yet. I would definitely do Udvar Hazy though.

Ceepa
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
You could try Occoquan, as pp said, because there are some cute shops and places to eat, but it's small and a little strange to those who haven't been before. But you definitely could walk through the shops, pick up some gifts, buy some lunch and ice cream. Does you DD prefer to ride in a stroller because some of the shops are the typical gift-shoppy, non-stroller friendly types.

It would be pretty straightforward to drive 123 from Fairfax to Occoquan but work some time into your schedule because it still is Northern Virginia afterall and nothing is a real quick drive.

TwinFoxes
11-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm a VA newcomer (as I'm sure all of you know by now!) So I still see most things through the eyes of a tourist. A lot depends on where in Fairfax your DH will be, and how much driving you want to do. You could drive to Old Town Alexandria, but it's actually pretty far from a lot of Fairfax. And it's not a quaint small town. It's a lot of boutiques that happen to be in old buildings in a suburb of DC (you can see DC across the Potomac). I like it, but there's no small town atmosphere. The boutiques are nice, and there are several for children's clothes/gear. Totally agree about stroller unfriendly. (if you go, don't eat at Austin Grill, had the worse service, and some of the worst food I've ever had at the Old Town branch.) Bonus: there is a Gap outlet. :) Oh, and how could I forget, there's also a Crate and Barrel outlet.

I think Udvar Hazy is cool...if you like planes. I don't. It wasn't horrible, and seeing the space shuttle (not one that actually went to space, a prototype) was cool. It's just not my thing...there are so many great museums, this one's just not for me (DH :heartbeat: it though!) Also, I think parking was $10!

Tyson's is a great mall, it has pretty much everything in it. It gets super busy on the weekends. Tyson's Galleria is the high-end mall, it's not as busy.

Reston zoo is tiny. I had fun though. It's really more like a park that has animals. It's cute. Don't go expecting a "zoo" though.

Maybe Manassass (sp?) has a quaint atmosphere? I've never been, other posters might know.

MamaMolly
11-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Depending on the weather, you could try Clemyjontri Park, which is a huge park with a carousel.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/PARKS/CLEMYJONTRI/

Big fat :yeahthat: We LOOOOVED that park from the crawling stage on.

michellerw
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Bonus: there is a Gap outlet. :)

Maybe Manassass (sp?) has a quaint atmosphere? I've never been, other posters might know.

The Gap outlet in Old Town Alexandria is a real outlet too -- all overstocks and seconds.

Old Town Manassas is really nice. But regular Manassas is a pit.

Seitvonzu
11-10-2009, 11:21 PM
oof. we've done old town alexandria a few times, and it's really fun, but i think it's not too friendly for just mommy with the stroller. it would be nice if DH could go with us...but maybe a nicer mall is the way to go. mostly we'll just miss daddy with him gone a week and maybe a mall and then meeting him for dinner/evening would be enough.

i'm not sure :) still thinking about it.

i'm not opposed to driving, so if i have to go 30 miles/minutes or a bit more to get to "cute" and "quaint" places i don't mind that. i figure it could take us just as long to get somewhere close to DC because of traffic. bleh! what's in middleburg? that's about 30 miles away right? is the driving easy? one of the down sides of old town is the parking-- goes along with the weekend crowds. one of the upsides is i know just where that gap outlet is :) and i actually love le madeline (which i haven't been to since our last visit and that time we ate elsewhere so i just picked up some to go pastry)

leesburg is also about 30 miles? maybe i'm just into towns with "burg" at the end? ha! i'm looking for someplace with a couple shops and a good lunch spot. (for my girl and i to have a "ladie's lunch" my girl is 22 months, but is very good at restaurants) is there a whole foods in fairfax? that's another place we could burn time, but it might be crazy on a weekend... hrm. one idea is driving on to fairfax from baltimore after we go with a friend to a lantern festival at the friend's school...we'd be that much further down the highway and traffic probably wouldn't be too too terrible. then we'd be fresh in the morning to do something fun and leave sunday morning.

the park looks fun, daddy would like that suggestion, but he's going to mostly be in meetings.

egoldber
11-10-2009, 11:30 PM
one idea is driving on to fairfax from baltimore after we go with a friend to a lantern festival at the friend's school.

What time of day?

is there a whole foods in fairfax

There is a Trader Joe right on the border of Fairfax City. There is a Whole Foods in Vienna and also in the Fair Oaks area.

TwinFoxes
11-10-2009, 11:53 PM
There is a Whole Foods in Vienna and also in the Fair Oaks area.

The Whole Foods in Fair Lakes is the most AMAZING one EVER. They have a wine bar upstairs for goodness sakes! A regular bar downstairs. I've been to a lot of Whole Foods, and this one was by far the most amazing. It's located near the Fair Oaks Mall at 4501 Market Commons Dr. The Fair Oaks Mall isn't as good as Tysons, but is still quite nice (two Macys, Baby Gap, Janie and Jack, Lord and Taylor's...no Nordy's though.)

Leesburg has the premium outlet mall There's a Restoration Hardware outlet, Gymbo, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn (which has some PBK stuff) Gap Factory Store and much more. In the mall itself there only seems to be a mediocre food court (blech) but I seem to remember seeing some chain restaurants around the perimeter.

Again, Fairfax is BIG. It really depends on where you need to be.

egoldber
11-11-2009, 07:37 AM
I prefer the Vienna Whole Foods for regular shopping, not as crowded and a better layout IMO. But for an "occasion" I do like the Fair Lakes WF. I like to plan it around lunch and get sushi there.

TwinFoxes
11-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I prefer the Vienna Whole Foods for regular shopping, not as crowded and a better layout IMO. But for an "occasion" I do like the Fair Lakes WF. I like to plan it around lunch and get sushi there.

I'll have to check that one out! I can see how the Fair Lakes one could get kind of annoying if you're just trying to run in to grab something for dinner. Sometimes I feel like grocery shopping is my big event for the week, so I don't mind the Fair Lakes one. And the aisles seem wider, it's easier to maneuver the BJCMD!

SASM
11-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Gosh...reading through all of these suggestions just has me sooo homesick. GREAT area! You still haven't mentioned the area where you'll be staying. Maybe you are used to traffic (don't know where you live) but quite often in the DC area you need to be on the road by certain times in order to avoid traffic. Ex: I lived south of Udvar-Hazy off 50 so whenever I'd visit Tyson's Corner on a weekday I HAVE TO be on the Beltway and 66 by 2pm or I'd risk being in crazy stand-still traffic on 66. Not sure if you want to travel 30 miles away from DH's hotel in a strange area loaded with potential stand-still traffic. That's just me...and I am an adventurous driver. :) That being said:

CLEMYJONTRI: LOVE this park but be forewarned that you REALLY need to dress your child in something that stands out and STAY BY HER SIDE. I know this sounds like a huge "DUH!" but the park is HUGE, divided into 4 "rooms". The problem is that these "rooms" are not sectioned off and kids just run from one area to the next in the blink of an eye. One area that is very popular is the HUGE yellow ramp. This is GREAT but horrible to locate your kid should they escape from your view for 5 seconds. Of note, there is no fence surronding this park and it is on a busy road, albiet it is set back. GREAT PARK...just stay close.

MIDDLEBURG: This is the small town that you are looking for but like someone mentioned it is not stroller friendly. Cute, quaint, little restaurants and shops but the last time that we went there was only one "toy" store that really wasn't a toy store. Beautiful area, though. This is VA's horse country. :) Ohhh...there is an authentic little tea house on the way out to Middleburg on 50 that might offer a tea party option for you & DD. They offer a very authenic English Breakfast on the weekends that is $$ but tasty.

LEESBURG: Bigger "small" village with great outlets nearby. I think there is at least one kid store downtown. The outlet mall has a small playground outside Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, and Barney's. Nice to run around but not a lot of entertainment for your DD, otherwise. Ohhh...I think there is a little tea house in Downtown that offers little tea parties.

FAIRFAX CORNER: Did someone mention this? FWIW...GREAT place to take your kids in the summer. There is a great toy store there as well as some interesting shops ~ Ann Taylor Loft, Arhaus, Coastal Flats restaurant (YUM!), Chipotle, Carabou Coffee (this may be gone though), Plow and Hearth. This is also close to the VERY AWESOME Fair Lakes Whole Foods (where Emeril Green is filmed...you might see him if you go) and a very nice Wegmans grocery store as well. :) I preferred the Dulles Wegmans for the child care but your DD is too young (they ahve to be 3 and pottytrained), but thought I'd mention that as it is truly a tourist-worthy grocery store...seriously!

UDVAR-HAZY: Neat place but not sure if your DD would be into it at 22mo. We went quite regularly, especially when I was pg and needed to get in an indoor walk but didn't want to go to a mall and spend $. This is a REALLY neat place but unless you are an aircraft enthusiast, I'd skip it since your time is limited. Like Beth mentioned, it is NOT for one who is a fraid of heights and/or falling. I will also add that a lot of older folks go there and look at our active kids like they should not be there, almost like they are running around in a mausoleum or something, which they weren't. Ohhh...you also have to pay extra for the IMAX and the one very cool feature that holds young children's attention, the tower, sometimes closes early. All being said, if you go around either 3.30 or 4pm (I cannot remember) you get free parking, which is very nice, but you risk missing the tower.

TYSON'S CORNER CENTER and GALLERIA: Just correcting...The Galleria is the "upscale" mall with Saks, Neiman Marcus, Anthropologie, and Oilily. If you want the bigger mall with more kid-friendly attractions, you want to go the Tyson's Corner Center. They ahve a GREAT play area for kids on the 3rd floorof the new wing, near Barnes and Noble. there is also a GREAT restaurant selection. Our fave was Brio Italian Grille, as they had a GREAT kids menu and the good was very good and reasonable $. TCC is the mall with Hanna, Janie and Jack, Pumpkin Patch, and PB and PBK.

FRYING PAN PARK: LOVE this place! My DD still talks about the horses Mikey and Jessie. :) :( You can go here and then check out Dulles Wegmans. :)

IKEA: If you are willing to drive. It was a popular spot for us to visit on those rainy days. It is NOT a little town but it is a fun attraction. If your DD meets the height requirements and is pottytrained, she can go into the Smaland. Personally, I'd be leery with the viruses going around, though. However, IKEA is fun to look around. They have a great little Children's IKEA and a restaurant with decent cheap food upstairs and the Bisto with hot dogs and ice cream downstairs. Potomac Mills outlet mall is in the same parking lot and that is a great place for DD to run around as well. IMO, not a "true" outlet, though. Anyway...on the way to IKEA you can stop in Occoquan to get in your small village fix.

Have a fun trip!

ETA: I wanted to stress the traffic situation here. DC is unlike your standard town where traffic discipates after 9am due to people being at their jobs. Not here...traffic is constantly an issue. It still floors me that it would sometimes take 60 minutes to drive the 5 miles to preschool at 9am. So...do not plan on "just leaving early" to avoid traffic b/c that would mean leaving at 6am...same goes for leaving late. You could drive against the flow, so Middleburg would be a possiblity but anytime that you drive towards 66 is an issue in the afternoon. Sorry. So...where exactly are you staying in "Fairfax" and maybe we can give you some area specific suggestions. Fairfax City is quaint in areas. And unique. When we were relocating we were staying in Fairfax City and happened upon a VERY interesting "Parisian bakery" that only baked Asian pastries. It was sooo much fun exploring the various tastes and textures!

egoldber
11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
There is a great toy store there as well as some interesting shops

Alas, that Tree Top Kids location closed this year. I was very sad about that. :(

And I was also thinking about how to warn about Clemynjontri. I won't take Amy there because I know I would lose her.....

3blackcats
11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
The Galleria has Hanna, Janie and Jack, Pumpkin Patch, Gymboree, TCP, and more. Then go to the other mall for the $$$$$$$$ stores like Chanel and Oilily.

Galleria is the fancy really expensive mall.
http://www.tysonsgalleria.com/
Tysons Corner Center is the 'normal' mall.
http://www.shoptysons.com/

Fair Oaks Mall is pretty nice too. There is a inside play area for kids, not very big, but still something. It has Gymboree, Janie and Jack, Gap Kids, TCP, Pottery Barn kids. http://www.shopfairoaksmall.com/

Be warned about traffic in Northern VA it is an absolute nightmare.

Feel free to PM me, I live in Fairfax proper, if you want hints, directions, etc.

Seitvonzu
11-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks Everyone-- these are GREAT suggestions. I might focus on going to the awesome whole foods and a mall nearby. that actually sounds like alot for us. My dc is pretty good in the car, but traffic car make everyone grumpy. The middleburg/leesburg tea houses are also interesting, but i'll have to do more research to see if they'd let me bring dd (our local tea house doesn't allow children under 5). dd is REALLY good at restaurants, but she is a toddler afterall :) combining leesburg tea house with some outlet shopping sounds good, but i'll have to look into where exactly in fairfax it's going to be. all i know is that it's a marriot hotel. ( i think a marriot proper, i'll have to ask again)

we're going to save the air and space business for a time when daddy can be with us (or lucy's papa who loves that stuff). i'm okay with heights, but that plus handling an active toddler might be too much. i like the playground idea too, but again, it might be too much on a weekend without extra eyes! we have an IKEA relatively close (the baltimore location which isn't technically in baltimore), and we go ALL THE TIME :) so much so that my child relates the letters I K E A to "meatballs! eat meatballs!" oy! :)

thank you thank you for all your help! hopefully adventuring won't be impossible, and we'll remember to be extra tolerant about traffic. if all else fails, the hotel has a heated pool and starbucks coffee!

Seitvonzu
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
okay- more info per husband---
the hotel is the "Fairfax Marriot@ fairoaks"

actually he has added "it's across from the mall and across from the fair oaks shopping center"

apparently you can walk in some tube to get to the mall?

could i be so lucky that this is by the infamous whole foods?????

i'm trying to keep motivated to find something for Lucy too. i've been known to spend manymany hours at grocery stores when we visit austin, texas (my personal Mecca for grocery shopping... i love a good grocery store!). at the very least if whole foods is close we can get our breakfast there (the hotel has restaurants, but i figure we can do better than that :)

off to investigate the tea places and outlets, thank you again everyone!

egoldber
11-11-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/iadmc-fairfax-marriott-at-fair-oaks/

It's literally in the parking lot of Fair Oaks Mall. Fair Oaks has lots of good shops (including a new Naartjie), but not Hanna or Pumpkin Patch. Or Nordstrom. ;) Those are at Tysons Corner. But really, Tysons is not that far if you time it right.

And it is very close to Fairfax Corner and the awesome Whole Foods. You are also very close to Wegmans which is kind of something to be seen.

Seitvonzu
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
thanks beth! we have a wegmans semi-close in hunt valley so that's a pretty familiar experience for us :) (and one we like very much... we got used to wegmans when we lived in PA and our county is actually getting a wegmans next year! HOORAY!)

Ceepa
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Fair Oaks is a nice mall. You and DD could easily kill some time there.

Seitvonzu
11-11-2009, 02:39 PM
thanks ceepa-- it did look nice! a lot nicer than the one in our county, and pretty much on par with the nicer malls that we get too. there is a nordstrom in towson that we like to go to for lunch, but it looks like we'll have some good options!

Seitvonzu
11-11-2009, 02:55 PM
sharyn-- can you remember the name of the place on 50 on the way to middleburg? i could find a teashouse in leesburg, but not this one that you mentioned...the sunday breakfast sounds particularly appealing- that's our favorite meal! :)

SASM
11-11-2009, 09:47 PM
sharyn-- can you remember the name of the place on 50 on the way to middleburg? i could find a teashouse in leesburg, but not this one that you mentioned...the sunday breakfast sounds particularly appealing- that's our favorite meal! :)

Wow! You are in a perfect location!! Obviously...very close to FO Mall (this was my favorite mall b/c everyone else would go to TCC or Dulles) and the wonderful Fair Lakes Whole Foods. Tysons (did anyone mention yet that there is an amazing Crate and Barrel near Tyson CC?) is very close as well...that is as long as you do not hit traffic.

Here is the teahouse in Aldie on the way to Middleburg: http://www.teamap.com/tearooms/british_pantry_561.html Obvioulsy call first as they might not be there (I moved about 14 mos ago). It might be difficult to get a time...the reservations seemed to fill fast as the seating was limited. I am going to stress that it was expensive but when we went about 5 years ago we had two 3yos and they were fine with it. We treated our friend, who is a British transplant, to the breakfast and she was loving it. It is half British import foods (most of which I can find in Wegmans and World Market) and half tea house.

That being said, if you want a "cheaper" Irish breakfast any time of the day you can try this place: http://www.ofaolains.com/ They have it for brunch but we've had it at dinner, too. This restaurant/pub is in Sterling, up near Dulles Town Center, which has the train and carousel as mentioned, Nordy's (great fish tank in the children's shoes), Janie and Jack, Pumpkin Patch, etc. There is also a good Nordstrom Rack up there as well as a World Market and my favorite Wegmans. With good traffic, you are about 15-20 minutes from Leesburg at this point.

Bummer to find out about Tree Top Kids!! LOVED that store!

michellerw
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
The Fairfax Marriott is a nice hotel. My company does an annual event there and it's right across the parking lot loop from the mall. There's also a Border's nearby, just down 50.

The Whole Foods isn't far at all (the hotel is v. close to corporate HQ in Fair Lakes). Wegmans is very close and Fairfax Corner is close as well. I think those things alone -- as well as the Fair Lakes shopping center (www.fairlakes.com) should keep you busy during the weekend.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like directions from your hotel anywhere. I lived in the Fair Lakes/Fair Oaks area for a number of years and I know the back ways from point to point very well.

MamaMolly
11-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Great location! You are right there at the mall, and then Whole Foods is super close. As is a Target, Walmart, BJ's, TRU, World Market, etc, etc. all in the same shopping plaza together and probably less than a mile from Whole Foods.

Ahhhhh, good times. I spent many a happy day up and down that road... Oh, and in the WF shopping plaza there is an REI and a Kohls. Have fun!

Seitvonzu
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Thank you all SO much! i'm excited about whole foods --that looks AMAZING!!!! a whole grilled cheese menu? cheese flights? sushi? wine bar?? oh my gosh-- i hope hubby can join us at some point... he LOVES whole foods :)

and believe it or not, i'm also super excited about world market...we don't have one around us that i know about (but i probably just haven't looked very hard as i can't imagine there isn't one SOMEWHERE).

i've put "frying pan park" on my list solely for DD and it probably depends on how much time we have or how she's napping. we live in a semi-rural county, but any chance to see sheep is a good thing in her 22 month old opinion! :)

fair oaks mall looks great for us and our purposes, though i might want to get to hanna anderson while i have the chance. we don't have one anywhere close to us :( so i think we'll brave tysons corner center at some point (that's the right one , right? and the closest?). would it be more worth it to get out to leesburg and go to the outlet? i just got an email that hanna is doing 20% until sunday-- is that just online? or stores too? (it says "not outlets" in the email)

egoldber
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh, and in the WF shopping plaza there is an REI and a Kohls. Have fun!

Actually it's a Dick's Sporting Goods, not an REI. It used to be a different outdoor store, but a few years ago it changed to Dick's. There is an REI very close by though at Fairfax Corner. :)

michellerw
11-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Is this the English Teahouse? I think it's called the British Pantry, but I could be wrong.