PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at cinderella's castle??

Maxlee
11-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Has anyone done it? What did you think? We are going to disney next week and have reservations.

My mom just told me there was a bad review of it on DIS (?). I think this is the mousesavers newsletter. Has anyone read the review (she didn't have a chance to forward it to me). She wants to go somewhere else. SHe is afraid DD (3 1/2) will be upset if cinderella doesn't talk to her. Should we do some other princess dinner/lunch instead??

infomama
11-10-2009, 03:07 PM
We did the lunch and everyone got to see Cinderella and get a photo with her. The kids meet her before they head upstairs to be seated for the meal. Dd1 also met/got autographs/photos with all the other Princesses there without any worries (Jasmine, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty)

billysmommy
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
We've done the breakfast twice and are doing it again in a few weeks when we're there. It was DH's favorite breakfast and he's the one who asked if we could do it again.

You meet Cinderella downstairs before you go up to dinner and have your picture taken and she signs autographs.
For breakfast and lunch they have princesses upstairs in the dining room.
Dinner is the fairy godmother and the mice and they do a little show. The princesses aren't at dinner.

JTsMom
11-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't done that meal, but it's extremely popular. DIS is disboards. Every restaurant in Disney gets both good and bad reviews, so I wouldn't let that scare you. I have heard the food isn't the best there, but I wouldn't do any character meal for the food.

infomama
11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I have heard the food isn't the best there, but I wouldn't do any character meal for the food.
This is true with one exception...the food at the Crystal Palace was remarkably good. This was the Pooh bear lunch.

Thatchermom
11-11-2009, 03:06 AM
DH has done dinner at the Castle (Yes, WITHOUT us, on a combo conference/vacation after the family left. They walked in as a large group and actually got a table. I'm still almost too bitter to mention it) He says he would absolutely do it again with the kids, even our 2yo. (Completely beside the fact that he knows that I will shoot him if he were to go there without us again!) He said if he was guessing, the negative review was likely the food, but that's not why you go there! Not awful at all, but not what you would expect if you were paying those prices outside of Disney. Even as a group of adults with no kids, they got pictures with Cinderella, wands/swords for everyone before dinner. (they even gave him extras to take home for our kids. it didn't help his case any :)) He thought the fairy godmother show would thrill our kids, and has great things to say about the waiter they had, who had been serving there for over 30 years!

Really, if I had the res, I would go! Not even just because I'm bitter. ;) DS, 6yo the last time we were there, says his only disappointment with the trip was not getting inside that castle. That's the stuff kids' dreams are made of! Someday I may even tell him that his dad has been there, but we're not ready for that yet...

JTsMom
11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
This is true with one exception...the food at the Crystal Palace was remarkably good. This was the Pooh bear lunch.

Yeah, I'll give you that one. Ohana is actually pretty good too. But IMO, none of it is outside of Disney great, kwim? If I was choosing a meal mainly for the food, I'd probably stick with signatures.

egoldber
11-11-2009, 09:07 AM
But IMO, none of it is outside of Disney great, kwim?

I agree. CP is OK, but on par with the other buffets IMO.

hillview
11-11-2009, 09:10 AM
We did dinner. Food was good not great but at least not another buffet. You meet Cind downstairs, she does talk to you, admire you etc. You take a photo, it is included in the price of the dinner. There is a "show" basically the bibbity boppty bush song but no additional character interaction. We did it once. We liked it (not loved) and we will wait a few years before going back. I prefer the princess meals when you get to see several princesses.
/hillary

clc053103
11-12-2009, 09:14 AM
You do Cindys table for the experience, definitely not the food! LOL! I prefer the lunch simply because after a day at Disney, I like a drink with my dinner!;-)

billysmommy
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
simply because after a day at Disney, I like a drink with my dinner!;-)

That is so true...lol We plan dinner in Epcot every night for that very reason :)