PDA

View Full Version : can DC get the H1N1 booster in shot form if they got the mist at first?

elektra
11-10-2009, 03:11 PM
The dr. told me yes this morning, but I thought you had to get the booster in the same form that you got the original vax.
DD had the mist 28 days ago, and they gave her a shot booster this morning.
It was so hectic there and I asked like 3 times what was what, but it was very confusing with 2 kids, each getting seasonal and H1N1 vaxes, one with the first round, one with the booster, etc.

citymama
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I have the same question in reverse. DD got the shot, but her ped. only has the mist. If we even managed to secure the booster for her, it would be in mist form. Is this OK? I'm assuming I'm protected from any shedding given that I got the vaccine.

jent
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes. Ideal is to do the two doses in the same form, but you can mix the two if needed.

elektra
11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks! I had looked at all the links I had for this specific info but I could not find out for sure what the deal was. I actually do trust my ped but it was very confusing trying to explain to the nurse who I thought needed which shot. She obviously thought it was ok because DD got the shot!

jerigirl
11-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes. Ideal is to do the two doses in the same form, but you can mix the two if needed.

This is what our ped is saying as well. You can mix but he recommends doing the same for both.