PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Stroller Help

mvan1
11-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Now that my 7 mo-old son is out of the infant seat, I'm replacing the snap and go with a lightweight stroller. I need help! I've spent hours and hours researching with multiple trips to the store to try them out, and I'm still at a loss. Yikes!

We have the BOB Revolution for intense strolling and "off-roading". I'd like a lightweight stroller to use daily for short walks around the city (Chicago), shopping/errands and such. So basically a replacement for the snap and go, which I loved.

I've narrowed it down to these:
Inglesina Trip
Britax Blink
Mac Quest
Peg Aria OH
Chicco Liteway

Here are my priorities:
large canopy, easy recline with baby inside, good and big basket, good steering (one hand if possible), comfy and roomy seat, easy and compact fold (easy to get into the trunk without the wheels getting in the way if possible)

I haven't been able to try out the Trip or the Blink. Does anyone out there have a Trip or Blink? What are your thoughts about the usability and handling of these?

Thank you!

Marla

arivecchi
11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I live in Chicago too and we have a Mac Triumph. Both kids have used it. We have used it at the farmer's market, restaurants, crowded shops and street fairs, the zoo, O'Hare, CTA buses and trains. Macs rock. DS1 started using it around 8 months and up. DS2 has used it since he was 5 months old.

Don't get the Peg Aria! We have it and give it a big thumbs down.

GraceH
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Don't get the Peg Aria! We have it and give it a big thumbs down.
Yeah, if you have a Peg on your list, I would recommend it be the Si (have you seen its awesome canopy?)

strollerqueen
11-11-2009, 03:45 AM
Oh yeah! Definitely consider the Si', it's great. I have an Aria and many Macs, and just bought a Trip to compare/review. I am eager to check it out!

PRmommy
11-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I have an Inglesina Trip and am happy with it, however, it wouldn't meet half your requirements.

large canopy --- Nope
easy recline with baby inside -- Not really
good and big basket -- same as a Mac
good steering (one hand if possible) - it has separate handlebars so not really
comfy and roomy seat -- yes
easy and compact fold -- yes (again, same as a Mac)

I've been considering getting a City Mini Double (huge canopies,easy recline and steering), but just haven't pulled the trigger.