PDA

View Full Version : Baby Equipment Rentals - Chicago Suburbs

vabeachmommy
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
We are traveling to the Chicago suburbs, specifically the South Elgin area, for Thanksgiving with our 18 mo DD. I have contacted a couple of baby rental companies in the area and they serve only the city of Chicago, not the suburbs. Does anyone have any other referrals/ideas? We are able to borrow the "big" stuff, but still need some other supplies - toys, baby gates, booster seat, etc. (We can ship these things, of course, but was hoping to avoid doing so if possible. We've used other companies that provide similar services in the past and have found them to be very affordable and convenient.) Thank you!!

ThreeofUs
11-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Sorry, but my first reaction was, "renting a baby? you can get *anything* in Chicago!"

Might help if you could be more specific about what supplies you'll need to rent....

Momof3Labs
11-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Sorry, but my first reaction was, "renting a baby? you can get *anything* in Chicago!"

Might help if you could be more specific about what supplies you'll need to rent....

That, and where you'll be. Chicago suburbs is pretty general, and spans an 80+ mile range.

vabeachmommy
11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
True, true true - wrote this in a hurry. Will edit the post!

tiapam
11-15-2009, 12:57 AM
How long will you be visiting? My first instinct is to say that you might not need those things. My 16 month old has been playing with an oven mitt, and he is always fascinated by shoes. He often sits in a regular chair at the dinner table. You can spoon feed in a stroller in a pinch. Can you use the pack and play as a gate? That's what we do for the top of our stairs. The only other suggestion I have is Craigslist.