PDA

View Full Version : Baby is here and sleepover ?

Octobermommy
11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I had my baby boy 2 weeks ago which is hard to believe, time is flying by.

I did it without an epidural which is something I wanted to do before but didn't make it so I am glad I could do it this time. I felt amazing after delivery, much better than previous delivery but the best part is he is a pretty laid back baby. I finally got one of those babies, I wasn't sure they really existed before!

He is nursing well once he latches on but he is raising his tongue so it can sometimes takes 5 or more minutes to get him latched on. Any btdt advice?
He is gaining weight so that is not a concern.

On another note what is the earliest age you would let your child go to a sleepover? Thanks!

elektra
11-11-2009, 02:55 PM
No advice on the latch but that is a good sign he is gaining weight. You go on your no epidural! Congratulations on your new addition. ::)

Just noticed that you must be an Octobermommy x2 now!

daisyd
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Congrats on the new arrival! No advice on either question but I'm sure others will pitch in. Enjoy the LO.

MoJo
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Welcome, little guy!

I did it without an epidural which is something I wanted to do before but didn't make it so I am glad I could do it this time.

That encourages me! I wanted that with DD, but couldn't handle the pitocin contractions (which may have been stronger than the nurses intended, b/c DD was born many hours before they thought she would be) without it. So I'm hoping for that this time, but you're the first person I've seen who has done it on a subsequent birth! Way to go, OctoberMommy - x 2!

Enjoy your laid back little guy!

jgenie
11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
No advice - but wanted to say Congrats on your new little guy!!

Ceepa
11-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Congratulations on your little guy! We haven't done sleepovers yet so no BTDT advice.

SnuggleBuggles
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Congratulations!!!!! I'm glad that you had a good birth experience and a mellow little guy. :)

It depends on who the sleep over is with. Ds1 started sleeping over at his g'ma's when he was 2-3yo. First friend sleepover was when he was 6yo. I think if they are ready and willing, and the person hosting is up for it then I wouldn't put an age criteria on it.

Beth

shawnandangel
11-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your son! I was waiting for an update from you! I'm happy you were able to have a medicine free birth. I don't think I could ever do it! I'm such a wimp.

MamaMolly
11-11-2009, 11:30 PM
:yay: congrats! :yay:

I agree with the PP. It depends on the DC. My DNiece sleeps over at Grandma's house (2 blocks away) a lot, but I wouldn't let DD because my mom is a ditz and DD has food allergies. But I'd let MIL keep her overnight. It just hasn't come up. The girls are the same age.

I think I was in kindergarten my first sleep over, so 5 probably. I haven't thought about it for DD because our family is so far away, and at 3 she's too little for a friend's house. But it is a great question. I'm going to have to think that one over.

If you rub DS's cheek does he open his mouth wide? Would that help with the tongue? Check if there is anything on KellysMom about the tongue and maybe LLL. My problem was getting DD to open up...

Octobermommy
11-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks! We are so blessed.

Molly, I am going to try the cheek thing at the next feed.

This cute laid back baby is making me want another one, aak!

Kitten007
11-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Congrats on your new little one!

citymama
11-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Hurray - congrats on your new baby! Sounds like a wonderful birth and so great to have a mellow babe (I know nothing about that!). Enjoy!

Sleepover - DD has had a friend sleep over here who was 3.5 and she did OK. I don't think I'd let DD do a sleep over at a friend's till she's older - I don't know exactly how old, but maybe 5 or 6?

Octobermommy
11-12-2009, 05:33 PM
So it looks like the sleepover age is close to 6. Thanks!