PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Tripp Trapp from the very beginning?

elektra
11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
We have a Tripp Trapp for DD and I love it. But she really didn't start using it until she was about 18 mo. I will probably want to get one for DS but I am wondering if we should break the Chicco high chair back out for the first feedings.
I do have the baby kit and pads that came with hers, but I am not sure it would really work well for a baby who can barely sit up.
I hated cleaning the Chicco though!

cpapay
11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
We used the Tripp Trapp from the time DD could sit up on her own---maybe 8mos old. We didn't have a problem with it...I know some people prefer a tray with a little one. If we wanted DD to eat from the table we just scooted her up to the table and she was fine.

carrie

alirebco
11-11-2009, 08:36 PM
We used it from 6 months on but DS was already sitting up unassisted then.

elliput
11-12-2009, 12:55 AM
The TT is the only chair I have used for DS. He was sitting up well enough at 5.5 months that I felt comfortable to have him in the seat. I do think the pad set at this age helped.

MontrealMum
11-12-2009, 01:04 AM
We started using the TT at around 5 mos w/DS just to have somewhere to put him during our meals. He couldn't sit on his own unsupported (like on the floor), but he did have very good head control. He was able to sit on his own after 6mos, which is also when we began feeding him solids.