PDA

View Full Version : Did you/have you engraved your Ipod? (Apple does it for free)

Corie
11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
On the Apple website, you can order your Ipod Nano and get it engraved
for free.

We are getting an Ipod Nano for our daughter's birthday. We were thinking
about engraving it. I'm on the fence. I have no clue what "message" to
engrave on her Ipod.

And how does it look? Did it turn out okay? Does it look nice?

MommyAllison
11-11-2009, 05:15 PM
My BIL did and it looks good. He didn't proofread closely enough though, and there is a typo, which drives him crazy. So if you decide to do it, proofread an extra time!

icunurse
11-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I had mine engraved by them and it looks really nice. Small, though. Mine says "SAHM-I-Am" because of my current life status and love of Dr Seuss. Also hoping a kid will think it isn't cool to have that engraved on it and think twice about stealing it, but it can easily be scraped off or covered.

infomama
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I have engraving on my Nano...it says Merry Christmas (my name) Love, (my brother's name). I could take it or leave it but it looks nice.

They won't engrave refurbished ones :thumbsdown:

SkyrMommy
11-11-2009, 05:22 PM
My DH had my ipod engraved a few years ago for Christmas... I thought it was sweet.

cono0507
11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I got one from my parents a few years ago and my dad had it engraved to say "I Belong to cono0507" (well, really it says my real name, but you get it!) ;) It is kind of nice to have my name on it in case I leave it somewhere, there is a chance it would be returned.

cindys
11-11-2009, 05:48 PM
I got my Hubby an IPOD for his 1st Fathers Day and had it engraved and it turned out great!

Cindy

codex57
11-11-2009, 06:12 PM
We have an engraved Nano. Came out fine.

I generally don't recommend it cuz that's Apple's way of preventing returns. Plus, makes it a lot harder to sell or hand down later on.

wellyes
11-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I got one from my parents a few years ago and my dad had it engraved to say "I Belong to cono0507" (well, really it says my real name, but you get it!) ;) It is kind of nice to have my name on it in case I leave it somewhere, there is a chance it would be returned.

That's not a bad idea, especially considering the big market for stolen ipods on craigslist/ebay/etc.

I bought a used one on Amazon but in retrospect I think it was stolen. If you had an ipod named SUZANNE loaded with Dolly Parton and Celine Dion and Reba MacIntyre and Kenny G: I'm sorry!!!! (And also: Kenny G? Seriously?)