PDA

View Full Version : best price you've seen for city mini single lately?

BSax
11-11-2009, 05:55 PM
looking for a bjcm single but want a good deal.what's the best price you've seen online lately?

jacksmoma
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
$229! lol! hard to find those much cheaper...

newnewsmama
11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
$229! lol! hard to find those much cheaper...

If you buy from Albeebaby, they have a current coupon code "15OFF" that you can use. You will end up paying $194.65 with free shipping.

atlbkk03
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Do the current year Baby Jogger strollers go on sale when the next-year models roll out?

newnewsmama
11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Do the current year Baby Jogger strollers go on sale when the next-year models roll out?

so far i did not see any price drop. Many sites are already selling the redesigned late 2009 models, which are supposed to have the 2010 features (pretty much just a bigger basket).

jacksmoma
11-12-2009, 07:00 PM
yes be SURE to get the one with the bigger basket- it's huge!

fedoragirl
11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I just bought one in red/black from mystrollers.com at $199.99 and free shipping. It arrived within a week. I was very happy with them.

lcjw1986
11-13-2009, 12:31 AM

Is it really that much bigger?

neeleymartin
11-13-2009, 12:36 AM

mine was made in august this year. do you think i have the bigger basket? i have nothing to compare it with except my horrid bob duallie basket.

newnewsmama
11-13-2009, 10:26 AM
mine was made in august this year. do you think i have the bigger basket? i have nothing to compare it with except my horrid bob duallie basket.

As far as I know, the new basket is made of black, opaque fabric. The old basket is made of some type of netting materical so that you can see through it.

jacksmoma
11-13-2009, 12:08 PM
yes, the NEW basket reminds me of the bubble canopy on the mini/elite- it's very round and deep...the old one did have netting on the sides and was very rectangular, not round....the new one seems to be made of the same material as the hood too....very nice :)

jacksmoma
11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
and all you who just got a bjcm...make sure you get the sunshine kids parent caddy ($10!) sold on amazon...fits the mini PERFECT and gives you tons of space for drinks, keys, phone etc...great when shopping and on walks :)

sweetsoul99
11-13-2009, 04:41 PM
and all you who just got a bjcm...make sure you get the sunshine kids parent caddy ($10!) sold on amazon...fits the mini PERFECT and gives you tons of space for drinks, keys, phone etc...great when shopping and on walks :)

Is it hard to lock the stroller closed with the caddy on? I found with the official baby jogger caddy it couldn't close all the way so you couldn't latch it.

jacksmoma
11-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Is it hard to lock the stroller closed with the caddy on? I found with the official baby jogger caddy it couldn't close all the way so you couldn't latch it.

not at ALL...i know what you're talking about, the bj one has pockets that are much more structured and don't fold in...the sunshine kids one does and does not make the stroller fold wider, it just collapses into itself when the front wheel hits it...trust me, just get it!

left210
11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I just bought one in red/black from mystrollers.com at $199.99 and free shipping. It arrived within a week. I was very happy with them.

I want this color too but want the bigger basket. Did yours come with the bigger basket? Is there anything else different about the new ones?

lcjw1986
11-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I want this color too but want the bigger basket. Did yours come with the bigger basket? Is there anything else different about the new ones?

I'm pretty sure that the red/black is the 2009 model and will only come with the smaller basket. Its a discontinued colour and Baby Jogger introduced the crimson and grey in its place (which will come with the bigger basket).

PeppyParents
11-14-2009, 02:24 AM

Hi,

Red/Black won't come with the new underseat basket. They stopped manufacturing the red color before the new baskets started getting put on the Mini.

The new underseat basket is the only change to the City Mini this year, aside from dropping Red/Black and adding Crimson/Gray.

HTH!

poohbear
11-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Mystrollers.com has the red/black for $199 but it is the 2009 model. Bed, bath, and beyond has most of the colors online (I don't know which model year). You could try to use a 20% off coupon (I think the coupon says you can't use it for baby jogger, but you never know with BBB - YMMV).

fedoragirl
11-14-2009, 03:17 PM
The pp is right. I got the 2009 model which is being discontinued (but is not the recalled version). I didn't care as much about the bigger basket as the price, so I got the red/black version at $199.99.

PRmommy
11-14-2009, 04:21 PM
If you really want the Red/Black, I'd check with BJ customer service to see if you could buy the basket separately.

jacksmoma
11-14-2009, 04:24 PM
just call the CS and say your basket's ripping or something and i'm sure they'll send a new one...(sorry i know it's sneaky!)

salsah
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
just call the CS and say your basket's ripping or something and i'm sure they'll send a new one...(sorry i know it's sneaky!)

please do not do that. if customers take advantage of companies with great cs (like bj), they will no longer be able to offer great cs. we have seen it happen before (a company changed it policies to protect themselves from dishonest customers) and then those with legitimate problems suffer.

lcjw1986
11-15-2009, 08:06 PM

If you look at a picture of the new basket it actually looks like it fits differently than the old one so I'm not sure that this would work anyway.

PRmommy
11-15-2009, 08:44 PM
please do not do that. if customers take advantage of companies with great cs (like bj), they will no longer be able to offer great cs. we have seen it happen before (a company changed it policies to protect themselves from dishonest customers) and then those with legitimate problems suffer.

I completely agree. I would hope people wouldn't be that sneaky to lie to a company just to get a freebie.

jacksmoma
11-15-2009, 08:58 PM
ok everyone, did not mean to cause problems!!!

happymom
11-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Albeebaby has the red/black for $209. Not sure if that new news, but it wasnt mentioned so I thought I'd share. Btw, you cannot use their 15% off code for this because it is not valid on Baby Jogger items.

newnewsmama
11-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Albeebaby has the red/black for $209. Not sure if that new news, but it wasnt mentioned so I thought I'd share. Btw, you cannot use their 15% off code for this because it is not valid on Baby Jogger items.

They just changed this. I was able to apply the 15% off coupon code to Baby Jogger one week ago.