PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Stroller

hmcj
11-11-2009, 06:31 PM
We have a 4 month old and currently have the UppaBaby Vista Stroller. We love it. However, I have a feeling that as our son gets older we may want an umbrella-style stroller for quick errands. Also, grandparents are looking for gifts to buy so I figure we would ask for it for Christmas. I'd be interested in opinions on 1) will we want another, smaller stroller? and 2) what would you recommend. I want something sturdy and with a decent size basket b/c I'm very used to that with the UppaBaby. Thanks in advance!

jacksmoma
11-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Baby jogger city mini. best middle sized stroller EVER! great basket, flat recline, huge hood, EASY fold, super light weight (16 lbs).

AnnieW625
11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Highly recommend the Maclaren Triumph. It was/is our main go to stroller for everything. We started using it when DD was 3/1/2 mos. old and had decent head control. It was our main do everything stroller until we bought our Uppa Baby Vista when DD was 2. We still use it more than the Vista, but both DH and I work full time.

We use it at the mall, the airport, on mass transit trains (done this in Los Angeles on Metro Trains, and in Boston on T/Charlie trains). My DD is now 3/1/2 and still asks to sit in the stroller. It's also great at theme parks for toddlers.

The only slight drawback for the current Maclaren Triumph is that the sunshade no longer folds, but you can easily pick up a sun shade extender like this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2302843

The BJCM is a nice stroller and the fold can't be beat, but there were a few things I didn't care for like the basket (I thought it was hard to get to), the fabric feels a tad cheap for an over $200 stroller, and I thought the handle bar was a little low.

Try all of the options out and see what works for you!

aac
11-14-2009, 07:46 PM
We bought an inglesina swift as our 2nd stroller and i love it! It's considerably cheaper than the Macs and other bigger strollers, but folds up like an umbrella stroller. Very easy to transport/leave in the trunk for quick errands. It also has all the added features that I wanted that umbrellas didn't have - sun shade, understorage basket, and reclines. Albeit, it's not a huge sun shade and it doesn't recline all the way and the basket isn't huge - I have found that it does each adequately.