PDA

View Full Version : ISO Kids Rolling Suitcase Suggestion

alien_host
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I'd like to get DD a rolling suitcase for Christmas or maybe her birthday as we are going to Disney next spring.

Any ideas? I'd like a decent quality one that will last for a few years. She's 4.5 so I don't really want characters that she might outgrow.

The PBK ones look nice but are $$. I'd love some suggestions. TIA!

sadie427
11-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I would go to a luggage store or discount store and look around. DS has a small regular Jansport from Nordstrom rack that will last a long time but's not too big for him to roll right now, he's been using it since about 4 1/2 or 5.

kcampbell
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I am also looking for these. I love the PBK ones but thought they were pricey. LL Bean and Lands End have some as well but still pricey. I would love to hear some ideas.

katydid1971
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
We don't have the rolling suitcase but we do have three duffle bads from lillian vernon that we have been really happy with. Here are their rolling suitcases: http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?parentCatId=2&catId=899&subCatId=1388

rlu
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
DS has been pulling my "work" suitcase to/from our car to/from home for a while now, even up our front stairs. I work at home 3 days a week so I transport my files and laptop in a regular sized carryon rolling suitcase. I got my cheap but very cool teal one from Target for a song and it lasted about 3 years. I overloaded the suitcase more times than I should have and the "stand legs" or whatever you call them finally broke off, so I'm using a more expensive one we had purchased years ago for travel.

I can't recall the Target brand name, but the one I'm using now that DS pulls for me easily is Wentworth. It has put up with a lot of airline abuse and still works well (albeit missing the zippper pull on the outer pocket).

My point, at 4.5 you could probably get a regular sized carryon rollling suitcase, just don't pack it too heavy.

Melbel
11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
We recently purchased this Liz Claiborne rolling suitcase for DD1 from ebags.com with 35% bing cashback. They have a huge selection of rolling luggage in various sizes.

http://www.ebags.com/liz_claiborne_luggage/zoe_20_rolling_city_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=118746&lastterm=Liz%20Claiborne%20Luggage%20%2D%20Zoe%202 0%20%20Rolling%20City%20Bag%20

carolinamama
11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't have thought to do this, but my dad just got DS1 a rolling suitcase at Target. It is actually not poorly made and while it does have a design on it, it isn't a character and should last a few years. DS loves it. I'm sure the price was right. I think it is Circo.