PDA

View Full Version : S/O: Christmas gift ideas for 4 yo DD

catpagmo
11-11-2009, 07:59 PM
The thread about xmas gifts for a 4 yo boy has me wondering what I can get for DD. I have bought a few things for her already, like dress up stuff, a leapster, a movie, coloring books and Hanna mocs.

I should mention that her bday is on Christmas day, so I am doing double the amount of shopping. I need lots of ideas!

Have any ideas?

traciann
11-12-2009, 01:47 AM
DD4 is getting the following from us or family:

Bitty baby bath tub, snack set, and matching night gown.
several books/snow white dvd
Tag reader and lots of books. I was able to buy a bunch super cheap in the summer.
Snow white dress and matching doll dress (made by nana)
Towel for her baby doll (she is really into her dolls!)
She is also asking for the Precious Place Swan Palace and Swan Boat. I was thinking about getting her a couple of the extra figure sets to go with it.

DD really loves do-a-dot markers and using the activity books they make as well. I should get her another book for christmas....

MoJo
11-12-2009, 08:48 AM
I'll be watching this thread! I have a 4-y-o DN to buy for. But her Mimi (grandma & primary caregiver) doesn't like anything with lots of parts. I'd love to hear your ideas!

catpagmo
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
DD really loves do-a-dot markers and using the activity books they make as well. I should get her another book for christmas....

This sounds great! Can you tell me more about it? Where do you get the markers and books?

traciann
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I have bought mine at Lakeshore Learning, but they usually have them at teacher supplies and then nicer toy stores like Learning Express. I wasn't planing on buying the books, but a worker at the Lakeshore store highly recommended them, and dd has gone through 2 books already since I bought them this summer. They are kinda like a coloring book, but made for the dot markers. DD loved the mermaid one alot.
http://www.amazon.com/Do-A-Dot-Book-Discovering-My-World/dp/B000I3JAAU/ref=pd_sbs_t_3

catpagmo
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I have bought mine at Lakeshore Learning, but they usually have them at teacher supplies and then nicer toy stores like Learning Express. I wasn't planing on buying the books, but a worker at the Lakeshore store highly recommended them, and dd has gone through 2 books already since I bought them this summer. They are kinda like a coloring book, but made for the dot markers. DD loved the mermaid one alot.
http://www.amazon.com/Do-A-Dot-Book-Discovering-My-World/dp/B000I3JAAU/ref=pd_sbs_t_3

Thanks traciann! My DD would love those!

sarahbrown29
11-13-2009, 06:53 PM
This sounds great! Can you tell me more about it? Where do you get the markers and books?

I have heard that you can sometimes find them at Michael's. At least worth a call to the store.

catpagmo
11-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Bumping!

Still hoping for more suggestions!

MommyAllison
11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Our DD just turned 4. Here are some of the things she got for her birthday or is getting for Christmas (from us and others)

Green Toys tea set
Mama-made pajama/lounge sets & nightgowns
Mama-knit hat & mitten set, also knitting her a pinafore & a hoodie
Books
Doll clothes
Board games (some Cranium preschool games, Ladybug Game, her uncle got her Connect 4 since she was turning 4)
Puzzles (she has some 48piece wooden puzzles from M&D, uncle got her a 100pc regular puzzle too)
Cash register
Doctor kit
Mama made tutu
Etsy child mug
Etsy necklace
Cape & mask from superflykidz on etsy
My sister made her a set of wooden "paper" dolls with real clothing - she loves them
ILs got her the Leapfrog Click Start My First Computer with a game - this is put away though as I'm not excited about it...
Veggie Tales dvds

ETA: Doll sling
Mama made scarf
Hanna playdresses w/leggings
Room decor stuff

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps!

catpagmo
11-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Our DD just turned 4. Here are some of the things she got for her birthday or is getting for Christmas (from us and others)

Green Toys tea set
Mama-made pajama/lounge sets & nightgowns
Mama-knit hat & mitten set, also knitting her a pinafore & a hoodie
Books
Doll clothes
Board games (some Cranium preschool games, Ladybug Game, her uncle got her Connect 4 since she was turning 4)
Puzzles (she has some 48piece wooden puzzles from M&D, uncle got her a 100pc regular puzzle too)
Cash register
Doctor kit
Mama made tutu
Etsy child mug
Etsy necklace
Cape & mask from superflykidz on etsy
My sister made her a set of wooden "paper" dolls with real clothing - she loves them
ILs got her the Leapfrog Click Start My First Computer with a game - this is put away though as I'm not excited about it...
Veggie Tales dvds

ETA: Doll sling
Mama made scarf
Hanna playdresses w/leggings
Room decor stuff

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps!

Thanks...very helpful!