PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation on the meat loaf pan?

moonsky
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
All I found have nonstick coated. I am not sure whether they are Teflon. So, I try to avoid. Anyone has any luck finding stainless steel without nonstick coated.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Le Cruset is great! Not SS, but great.

infomama
11-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Doesn't answer you question but we always use glass. Clean up is so easy and no problems with sticking.

egoldber
11-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I use a Pyrex loaf pan.

moonsky
11-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Doesn't answer you question but we always use glass. Clean up is so easy and no problems with sticking.

I heard Pyrex glass broke in the oven. Did that ever happen to you?

moonsky
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Le Cruset is great! Not SS, but great.

May I know where you got yours? I wonder whether there are any deals out there?

etaylor75
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Not the OP, but I bought mine at Marshalls a while back and have seen them there off and on since.

Erin

octmom
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
In the past I had a non-stick meatloaf pan with a removable piece so the grease drained to the bottom and the meatloaf wasn't sitting in it as it cooked. Good concept, but the non-stick coating ended up getting scratched and I pitched it. We used our Pyrex loaf pan for a while and that works fine. What I prefer to do now is just form it into a loaf shape and bake it on a cookie sheet lined with foil and crumpled around the edges to keep anything from leaking onto the cookie sheet. It works just as well and clean-up is easier. I also once wrapped the meatloaf in parchment before cooking it, a la Giada or someone else I saw on the Food Network, but that isn't really necessary IMO.

infomama
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I heard Pyrex glass broke in the oven. Did that ever happen to you?
Never had a problem with glass in the oven.

Melbel
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I love my Le Creuset pan that I found on clearance at the W&S B&M store. It was supposed to be a gift for a friend, but I could not resist!

lizzywednesday
11-19-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't bother with a loaf pan for meatloaf but rather hand-mold the loaf and use an edged cookie sheet lined with foil to cook it.

It cooks more evenly and, IMO, quickly than if I'd stuffed it into a loaf pan ... and there's no pool of grease at the bottom.

I make mine using a recipe from Wegman's and ground turkey breast instead of ground beef. I know when it's done using a probe thermometer with an alarm; I set it for whatever the correct temp is for ground turkey (I think it's around 170F) and stick it in the thickest part of the meatloaf before it goes into the oven.

hellokitty
11-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I threw out all my metal loaf pans and only uae pyrex. It's cheap, doesn't scratch or chip and cleans up well.

DebbieJ
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I use the Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pan or mini loaf pan.

brittone2
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I use a Pyrex loaf pan.

:yeahthat:

I would bet it would come out yummy in a Pampered Chef stoneware pan like a PP mentioned :) I have a PC stoneware muffin pan that I love.

caleymama
12-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I use glass (ours is Anchor I think) or Le Creuset stoneware. Got the Le Creuset stoneware pans - we have 2 b/c DH bakes all of our bread - from amazon.com a couple of years ago.