PDA

View Full Version : Help us win this contest....for a good cause! We are behind!

alien_host
11-12-2009, 12:27 AM
You can vote here once per day until Nov 19th. I don't need a carseat so I'm trying to win the carseat for a friend. Some of you may remember me mentioning that a friend was diagnosed with cancer. I would give the seat to her since a lot of people are helping her transport her small kids and it would help to have an extra seat for those who are assisting with daycare pick-up etc.

The picture is my DD as a ladybug.

Thanks! :)

So I entered a Halloween photo contest for fun. You can vote once per day for 10 days. IMO some of the contestants are cheating....thousands of votes over the course of 2 days which really seems impossible, who knows that many people?

Would you play along and do the same or let it go? They must be clearing their cache/cookies to vote multiple times. Who has that kind of time?

I think it's not worth it, I don't even really "want" the prize but on principle I'm annoyed that people feel they have to cheat the system to win. I sent e-mails to friends and family to get them to vote, and now it's totally pointless.

Thoughts?

TwinFoxes
11-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Post here, I'll vote for you! :)

khm
11-12-2009, 12:39 AM
who knows that many people?

The votes don't have to be coming from people how know the contestants, right? Is it a big-name, high-viewer site? If a site has a lot of regular viewers, I don't see thousands of votes being out of line.

If it's a site with a small viewership, I guess the other contestants spammed their facebook and message boards.

alien_host
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I guess it was cheating. The website has restructured the voting to require the scrambled code word and an e-mail address...They also removed extra votes....one contestant went from 1500 votes to 40.

I'm surprised they went through the trouble but it's nice to see cheaters maybe don't win ;)

The votes don't have to be coming from people how know the contestants, right? Is it a big-name, high-viewer site? If a site has a lot of regular viewers, I don't see thousands of votes being out of line.

If it's a site with a small viewership, I guess the other contestants spammed their facebook and message boards.

I think it's a small time thing, not like the BabyGap Casting Call.

truly scrumptious
11-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I think it's a small time thing, not like the BabyGap Casting Call.

Sorry to hijack, but I was shocked when I read the small print for the Baby Gap casting call basically saying that the photos you submitted for the contest become Gap's property so they can use them without ever giving you credit or compensating you in any way. Assuming everyone sends in their 5 best photos (to maximize their changes of being picked), they must get thousand of awesome free pictures that they can use in ads. In ADDITION to the ones they actually get from the paid shoot for the 5 "finalist" models (which the models don't get paid for).

Maybe I'm just naive, but that seems like quite a racket to me.

BabyMine
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
:yeahthat:

alien_host
11-12-2009, 02:03 PM

ok you guys twisted my arm....I posted a link...TIA!

MoJo
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
I voted! Will try to remember to do so daily through the 19th.

Thanks, OP, for wanting to help your friend!

truly scrumptious
11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
ok you guys twisted my arm....I posted a link...TIA!

Just voted! Hope you win for your friend!

alien_host
11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
thanks for voting and helping my friend. I know she would appreciate the "kindness of strangers".

BabyMine
11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Your DD is so cute. I voted.

KathyN115
11-12-2009, 06:27 PM
She got my vote. Good luck!

katydid1971
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
keep bumping this and I'll keep voting ;)

shawnandangel
11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I voted! I'll keep voting too, just bump it so I remember.

MamaKath
11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I voted too! Hope you win, what a nice thing to do for a friend. :)

MoJo
11-13-2009, 09:24 AM
I voted again today. Hoping this post will bump the thread to remind others they can vote again today, too!

alien_host
11-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the votes, and for the bump (MoJo)!

mariza
11-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I voted :)
Good Luck!

alien_host
11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks again for the votes....here is a shameless *bump* ;)

alien_host
11-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Please keep the votes coming....the witch has gotten ahead of us! Thank you!

http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/default.aspx?fuseaction=photoContest.vote&photoID=11

Snow mom
11-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Is the contest not by age group? I just voted again, but had thought she was winning by a landslide.

shawnandangel
11-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Just voted again. About 40 votes behind the lead. Your DD is #2