PDA

View Full Version : Shutterfly books...are you using a particular time frame/theme?

daphne
11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm looking for ideas. I always put this off until the last minute & now I'm not even sure where to begin.

I've already done (roughly) the 1st year of each of my kids' lives & am not sure how to go from here.

lil_acorn
11-12-2009, 10:05 AM
I've done:
vacations
baby's first year
birthday parties
fall in new england
and now I'm starting new books with "best of 200x"

other ideas
halloween
christmas

neeter
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
i like to do "abc" book with pics from the past years.

so letter "b" would be "brothers", "d" for "daddy", "m" for mommy, etc..

pakin
11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I make one "scrapbook" photo book for my in-laws every year for Christmas. Basically we put photos of what happened in each year from Jan-Dec (birthdays, first day of school, vacations etc.) They love the books because they don't get to see our kids that often. (They live in Florida for 6 months out of a year.)

I also made photobooks about the kids' interests for birthday presents. DS got a train-theme book because he is crazy about trains. We had a lot of pictures of him with toy trains, pictures of us on several train rides etc. He loved it and had brought it to a show-and-tell at school.

One idea that I've heard about is an alphabet book. For example: A is for Apple--with a picture of DC eating apples. B is for Balls--with a picture of DC in a ball pit... You get the idea.

HTHs.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

MommyofAmaya
11-12-2009, 10:59 AM
One idea that I've heard about is an alphabet book. For example: A is for Apple--with a picture of DC eating apples. B is for Balls--with a picture of DC in a ball pit... You get the idea.

Wow. That would take alot of effort! We are lazy here. We do one book a year and *try* to put in the photos chronologically.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
i like to do "abc" book with pics from the past years.

so letter "b" would be "brothers", "d" for "daddy", "m" for mommy, etc..

I am doing one of those, and a 123's book with numbers made of Play-doh that I have made and photographed.

infomama
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Yearly (for each Dd) and big vacations. I also made one of our boxer that we lost a few years ago.

daphne
11-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I'm trying to take advantage of the shutterfly deal, but am oddly concerned that I won't be able to get any "December" pics in, since the deal expires tomorrow. I'm thinking doing Dec 08- Nov 09, but not crazy about it.

Love the alphabet idea, but too lazy to put that one together this time.

inmypjs
11-14-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm also scrambling to get mine done before it expires tomorrow!

I'ved done a yearly book for my parents that goes Dec-Nov. The book begins with Christmas of the previous year and ends with DS's bday which is in late Nov. This way it gets done in time to be a Christmas present for them. It's worked very well.

I've also done vacations. One thing I want to do in the future is a child's art book. I've seen books where all of the child's art is photographed (against a solid background of some sort) and then made into a book.

jgenie
11-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Another procrastinator trying to get this done before it expires. We took family pictures this past fall and a lot of the pictures came out really well so I made a book for DH of the photo shoot.

Also, make sure to search for codes - I ordered a few extras to qualify for free shipping and a $10 off $30.

kayte
11-15-2009, 01:17 AM
I do a yearly book for both sets of grandparents each year for Christmas. I leave the last two pages blank except for some small text in the center that says "Attach your favorite Christmas photo here" And then at Christmas we try to make sure we get some shots of DD with them -- and they add those pictures to their books soon after.